Studio 180Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO+180BK.html
Item# STUDIO 180
Additional InformationJBL® Studio 180 floorstanding loudspeaker will let you hear voices and sounds that you might never have realized were there. Created with the same sonic detailing used in our professional loudspeaker systems, the JBL Studio 180 ensures pristine and undistorted sound, whether you play it at low and subtle or high, maximum-SPL playback levels. Secret to the Studio 180’s exceptional performance lies in its advanced materials, with PolyPlas cones for the low-frequency woofer and midrange drivers, and a CMMD Lite dome for the high-frequency tweeter. The result is reduced distortion and the virtual elimination of unwanted resonance, while precise cone movement maximizes the sound clarity, especially on voices. And the Studio 180 features a cabinet design that looks as alluring as it sounds. Featuring a signature JBL Weave design, the Studio 180 can stand out or blend in. It’s your choice.
JBL® Studio 180 floorstanding loudspeakers let you hear voices and sounds that you might never have realized were there. Created with the same sonic detailing used in JBL’s professional loudspeaker systems, the Studio 180 ensures pristine and undistorted sound, whether you play it at low and subtle or high, maximum-SPL playback levels. The secret to the Studio 180’s exceptional performance lies in its advanced materials, with PolyPlasTM cones for the low-frequency woofer and midrange drivers, and a CMMD® Lite dome for the high-frequency tweeter.
At A Glance:
25 – 360 watts suggested amplifier power range
Ribbed PolyPlas low-frequency cone
Midrange driver housed in sub-enclosure
Patented CMMD Lite 1" (25mm) tweeter
Proprietary Bi-Radial waveguide
Magnetically shielded for video proximity
Distinctive JBL Weave design
What's in the box:
1 Studio 180 floorstanding loudspeaker
- 25 – 360 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the Studio 180 floorstanding loudspeaker to deliver enhanced, room-filling sound from a compatible AVR (audio/video receiver) or 25- to 360-watt power amplifier, whether you are using the Studio 180 as a stand-alone unit or as part of a surround-sound system.
- Ribbed PolyPlas low-frequency cone
- The ribbed construction of the 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) PolyPlas™ cone improves the Studio 180’s strength while reducing its low-frequency distortion. A lightweight alloy allows for precise movement, ensuring that bass instruments always sound powerful but never “boomy.”
- Midrange driver housed in sub-enclosure
- Ideally, sounds should blend together within your ears, not interact with one another before they reach you. To prevent sound interference from the upper and lower frequencies, the JBL Studio 180 floorstanding loudspeaker’s 4-inch (100-millimeter) PolyPlas™ midrange driver features a separate sub-enclosure. And that’s not all – a lightweight alloy such as the PolyPlas material allow for precise cone movement to maximize sound clarity, especially on voices.
- Patented CMMD Lite 1" (25mm) tweeter
- The CMMD® high-frequency tweeter starts as an aluminum dome that is sandwiched on either side with ceramic. The result is strong enough to hold its shape when moving rapidly yet light enough to eliminate unwanted resonances. What your ears notice, however, is subtle, clear detail and lasting, unsullied sound performance.
- Proprietary Bi-Radial waveguide
- The Studio 180’s Bi-Radial® waveguide disperses high frequencies widely without loss of quality or accuracy. The result is precise, 360-degree imaging, sharp and rich high-definition (HD) sound and a wide listening position that makes every seat in the room the one to fight for.
- Magnetically shielded for video proximity
- Loudspeakers use magnets. Your TV hates magnets. But that doesn’t mean that you have to listen to movies on your television set’s often inadequate loudspeaker. Nor do you have to compromise your HDTV’s high-definition capabilities. We’ve designed the Studio 180 floorstanding loudspeakers to form an integral part of any home theater experience. We’ve optimized them for inspired performance while making them magnetically shielded to prevent any interference with video sources.
- Distinctive JBL Weave design
- The JBL Weave design is a perfect convergence of form and function. Whether you need your JBL Studio 180 loudspeakers blend in or stand out, we’ve designed them to look sharp and stylish in any room.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Three-way floorstanding
- Wall-Mount Capable
- Studio 1 Series
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- (-3dB) 45Hz – 22kHz
- Power Handling (Peak)
- 360 watts
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- 90 watts
- Crossover Frequencies
- 800Hz, 3.2kHz, 6dB/octave
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- (2.83V@1m) 89dB
- Midrange Transducer
- 4" (100mm) PolyPlas cone, magnetically shielded
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 6-1/2" (165mm) PolyPlas cone, magnetically shielded
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 1" CMMD Lite dome, magnetically shielded, in a Bi-Radial constant directivity waveguide
Studio 180 is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 4 out of 5 by shener from Sounds good so far Bought this direct from manufacturer refurbished. It was shipped rather quickly. Upon receipt there was small chip in the left back corner from one of the speakers (ordered 2). This was not a huge deal. So far they sound great although I don't have a good reference point (was using bookshelf speakers as fronts prior to this).
Date published: 2016-05-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mikey C from Better then expected! I wasn't certain these Studio 180's would fill my 15'x26' room with sound, but they turned out better then expected with my small 85w/channel Yamaha amp. Their only flaw is at the low end of bass or lack there of, but the speakers range rating reflected this so it was expected before I decided to purchase. When balanced with my small sub woofer, these things shine! The tweeters wave guide expands the sound perfect to my listening location which is about 4-5' beyond the recommended area. Once in the sweet spot, the sound is simply amazing! As far as appearance, I wasn't too keen seeing them online, but once they were set up in my living room, they look GREAT! If I'da known these things sounded this good, I would have purchased 4 of them at the sale price JBL was offering at the time. I've been a JBL fan since my college days in the 80's, both car and home audio, and they just keep getting better! Thanks JBL!
Date published: 2015-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kevs from precise bass These were a family Christmas present. I am absolutely delighted with the sound.....in a world of over amplified sub woofers the studio series offer precise sound as it was recorded.
Date published: 2015-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chuck67 from No disappointment of any kind. Exactly what I wan Shopped speakers for two or three months before making a decision to buy the JBL Studio 180. Got it on sale so that was a bonus. Very well pleased
Date published: 2014-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chuck67 from Performs flawlessly I have had the JBL Studio 180's for about 3 weeks and used them heavly. With the right receiver they sparkle with brilliance.
Date published: 2015-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dr Gonzo from Price was Right! Great buy, excellent sound, could only get better by purchasing the next series upward.
Date published: 2015-12-19
amplifier is must?
Absolutely!! These are completely passive speakers with no power amplifiers built in. The must be connected to a receiver/amplifier.
Date published: 2016-04-25