Studio 220Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO220BK.html
Additional InformationYou’ll never look at your bookshelves the same… … or wherever else you decide to place these uncannily adept JBL® loudspeakers. As part of the new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 220 bookshelf speaker was built to speak the languages of both legacy sound and forward-thinking technology. Tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – our own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies, we’ve engineered this loudspeaker to go above and beyond. We incorporated a front-firing 4” PolyPlas midrange speaker and a rear-firing Slipstream bass port that envelop listeners in tight, accurate bass. We always could have stopped there – but that’s not the JBL way. We took other design cues from our work building the world’s most legendary recording studios, giving our Studio 220 the kind of performance sound normally found at cinemas and multiplexes: a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver that ensures low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and studio-grade balance. Then we topped it off with seductive features like gloss black paneling, soft rounded edges, and your choice of either Black or Espresso wood-grain finish. We ran wild with sound and vision, combining the power and precision of high-tech audio with the sleek urbanity of “it-factor” design. For those able to hear the truth, we’re confident you’ll hear it full volume – at first listen.
For those who know what they’re looking for when it comes to a loudspeaker system – and who want it flexible besides – we give you the new JBL Studio 220 2-way bookshelf loudspeakers. As part of the groundbreaking 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 220 propels you into a world where legacy sound-craft and advanced technology go hand-in-hand in shaping a listening experience like none before. The Studio 220’s 4” PolyPlas midrange driver is designed to bring you pitch-perfect vocal clarity and tight, accurate bass. Add to that the built-in High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and the 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver, and you’ve got a loudspeaker that takes its cues from JBL’s own legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor. Combine this with the sleek, urbane design of the loudspeaker itself – both inside and out – and you’re dealing with a rare breed of sonic horsepower and brainpower ready to define its era.
At A Glance:
1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics
Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners
Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design
High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room
Rear-firing Slipstream bass port eliminates bass turbulence and audible distortion
4” PolyPlas driver enhances vocal clarity and delivers tight, extended bass response
Soft-touch paint covers driver trim ring for a clean, timeless look
What's in the box:
Rubber Cushion Pads x 8
JBL® Studio 220 2-way 4” Bookshelf Loudspeaker x 2
- 4” PolyPlas driver delivers unrivaled purity and power
- We have years of JBL acoustic testing under our belt to back our sound up. With its 4” PolyPlas driver delivering unrivaled midrange accuracy and power, we’ll let a masterpiece speak for itself
- 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide bring cinema-grade sound to your listening experience
- The consummation of 67 years of pioneering sound research at our JBL labs, the Studio 220 incorporates bold technologies like a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver into its design. Together, these advances let you experience your sound cinematically – in all its precision imaging, high-frequency detail, natural balance, and full spectrum mastery.
- Visually striking 21st century design features that can’t fail to seduce
- The JBL way is to make it look as good as it sounds. And with the Studio 220, we’ve made no exception. With 21st century elegance that incorporates soft-rounded edges, black gloss paneling, and soft-touch paint, we’ve built something that seduces the eye as much as it commands the ear
Bookshelf SpeakerA smaller footprint allows you to conveniently place your speakers in more places.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 2-way 4” Bookshelf Loudspeakers
- 86 dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 20 – 125W
- Frequency Response
- 60 Hz – 22 kHz
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") CMMD®Lite high frequency dome
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 100mm (4") PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Gold-plated binding-post speaker terminals