Studio 230Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO230BK.html
Additional InformationPlace a new kind of legend on your bookshelf We admit it: we’ve made a loudspeaker that wouldn’t have been possible in another time and place. But so what? We’re in this business to break all the rules of impossible. Meet the new legend in town: the JBL® Studio 230 bookshelf speaker. As part of the new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 230 was built to speak the languages of both legacy sound and forward-thinking technology. Tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – our own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies, we aimed this one for the fences. We constructed a front-firing 6.5” PolyPlas midrange speaker and a rear-firing Slipstream bass port to envelope your senses in tight, powerful bass. Others might have relaxed and called it a day – but that’s not how we do it at JBL. We took further cues from our work designing the world’s most legendary recording studios, and gave our Studio 230 the kind of tech that makes for premium cinema listening: a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver that ensures low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and firm natural balance. Then we topped it off with seductive features like gloss black paneling, soft rounded edges, and your choice of either Black or Espresso woodgrain finish. We combined the power and precision of high-tech audio with the sleek urbanity of “it-factor” design. For those able to hear the truth, we’re confident you’ll hear it –full volume – upon first listen.
For those in search of the purest, most powerful embodiment of legacy sound – and who want flexible speaker placement where that came from – we give you the new JBL Studio 230 2-way bookshelf loudspeakers. As part of the groundbreaking 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 230 propels you into a world where legacy sound-craft and advanced technology go hand-in-hand in shaping a listening experience like none before. The Studio 230’s 6.5” PolyPlas midrange driver is designed to bring you pitch-perfect vocal clarity and tightbass that’s as accurate as it is cinematic. Add to that a built-in High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver, and you’ve got a loudspeaker that takes its cues from JBL’s own legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor. Combine this with the sleek, urbane design of the loudspeaker itself – both inside and out – and you’re dealing with a rare breed of sonic horsepower and brainpower ready to define its era.
At A Glance:
1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics
Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners
Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design
High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room.
Rear-firing Slipstream bass port eliminates bass turbulence and audible distortion
6.5” PolyPlas driver enhances vocal clarity and delivers tight, extended bass response
Soft-touch paint covers driver trim ring for a clean, timeless look
What's in the box:
Rubber Cushion Pads x 8
JBL® Studio 230 2-way 6.5” Bookshelf Loudspeaker x 2
- 6.5” PolyPlas driver delivers unrivaled purity, power, and realism
- We have years of JBL acoustic testing under our belt. With its 6.5” PolyPlas front-firing driver delivering unrivaled midrange accuracy and power, we’ll let a masterpiece speak for itself
- 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide bring cinema-grade imaging and natural balance to your listening experience
- The consummation of 67 years of pioneering sound research at our JBL labs, the Studio 230 incorporates bold technologies like a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver into its design. Together, these advances let you experience your sound cinematically – in all its precision imaging, detail, natural balance, and full spectrum mastery
- Visually striking 21st century design features that can’t fail to seduce
- The JBL way is to make it look as good as it sounds. And with the Studio 230, we’ve made no exception. With its 21st century elegance – one that incorporates soft-rounded edges, black gloss paneling, and soft-touch paint – we’ve built something to seduce the eye as much as the ear
Bookshelf SpeakerA smaller footprint allows you to conveniently place your speakers in more places.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 2-way 6.5" Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 52 Hz – 22 kHz
- 88 dB
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 20 – 150W
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") CMMD® Lite high frequency dome
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 165mm (6.5") PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Gold-plated binding-post speaker terminals
is the Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power 20-125W per speaker or total?
The STUDIO 230 can handle up to 125 watts per channel/speaker.
Date published: 2016-05-10