Studio SUB 260PDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SUB260PBK.html
Additional InformationA new bass-line has been set in audio performance. 67 years in the making, we can safely admit it: we’ve pulled off another loudspeaker series that's powerful, precise, or hedonistically refined. It is our new 10-piece JBL® Studio 2 Series. And we never could have done it without engineering the likes of our new SUB 260P powered subwoofer. Tested relentlessly in the world’s finest sound research lab – our own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies, we’ve created a powered subwoofer that leaves all others behind. An era-defining 12” PolyPlas low-frequency transducer powered by a 300-watt Class-D high-efficiency amplifier delivers sound that’s indisputably pure and potent. A rear-firing Slipstream bass port goes beyond anything you’ve ever heard before when it comes to undistorted opulence of sound. And your ears will be confounded by the richness and rawness of tight, accurate bass complete with flawless harmonic overtones and natural note decay. With signature touches like luxurious gloss black paneling, solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners, and a choice of either a Black or an Espresso woodgrain finish, will do for your eyes what our bass will do for your ears. We’ve combined the power and precision of high-tech audio with the sleek urbanity of “it-factor” design. For those able to hear the truth, we’re confident you’ll hear it at first listen.
Bass that rises to any occasion
No self-respecting 10-piece series of loudspeakers would call itself unrivaled without packing unbeatable bass. With the SUB 260P powered subwoofer as part of our new JBL® Studio 2 Series, it’s time we called it a day and claimed victory. Alongside its dynamic cousin, the 10” SUB 250P, the SUB 260P is engineered to add faultless, deep-penetrating bass into whatever music, movie, portable device, or game console you’re listening to at any given moment. With its 12” PolyPlas low-frequency transducer, its 300-watt Class D high-efficiency built-in amplifier, and its rear-firing Slipstream bass port that provides unyielding clarity, all that’s left for you to do is kick back, relax, and enjoy the final word in acoustics. Combine this with the SUB 260P’s sleek, clean design and you’ll be the first to admit - we’ve created a powered subwoofer that defines – and commands – its era.
At A Glance:
300-watt Class-D high-efficiency amplifier features unobtrusive rear-mounted inputs and controls for easy set-up and system integration
12" PolyPlas low-frequency transducer for tight, extended bass response
Internal edge-to-edge bracing reduces cabinet wall flexing, thereby significantly improving bass response and lowering distortion
Rear-firing Slipstream bass port eliminates bass turbulence and audible distortion
Soft-touch paint covers driver trim ring for a clean, timeless look
Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design
Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners
What's in the box:
Carpet Spikes x 4
JBL® Studio 2 Series 12” Powered Subwoofer
LFE Cable x 1
- 12” PolyPlas low-frequency transducer for tight, extended bass response
- Envision flawless JBL sound seducing your ears – bass so tight that every note is held to its proper duration, and with all the right harmonic overtones. Picture this, and then listen to the Studio SUB 260P’s 12” PolyPlas transducer. Hear any difference between your imagination and reality? We didn’t think so.
- 300-watt Class-D high-efficiency amplifier features unobtrusive rear-mounted inputs and controls for easy set-up and system integration
- Not only is the SUB 260P’s 300-watt amplifier a powerhouse in the realm of home entertainment, but it’s also one of the smartest. Its Class-D energy rating allows the amplifier to cool itself naturally – saving it from danger of burnout – and saving you from a higher electric bill. Its rear-mounted inputs and controls allow for discrete, easy set-up and integration with other loudspeakers in the Studio 2 Series.
- Sophisticated 21st century visual design features that can’t fail to seduce
- The JBL way is to make it look as good as it sounds. And with our Studio SUB 260P, we’ve made no exception. With its 21st century elegance – including a solid cabinet construction with no visible fasteners, softly rounded edges, a gloss black top panel, and a customized soft-touch paint scheme – we’ve built something that seduces your eye as much as your ear.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Enclosure Type
- • Braced enclosure with Slipstream rear-firing bass port
- Frequency Response
- 29 Hz – 150 Hz
- Amplifier Power (Peak)
- Crossover Frequencies
- 50Hz – 150Hz; 24dB/octave
- Amplifier Power (RMS)
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 12" (300mm)
- Weight (kg)
- Height (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Width (mm)
- Width (in)
- Height (in)
- Depth (mm)
- Weight (lb)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Line-level and LFE inputs
- Phase switch, level control, bass boost and signal-sensing auto power