Studio 270Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO270BK.html
Additional InformationRising tall over other loudspeakers We knew it was time again for us to redefine the future of sound. That’s why we designed a new floorstanding loudspeaker that reaches far beyond what competitors can only grasp at: our new JBL® Studio 270 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker. As part of the new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 270 was built to take legacy sound and forward-thinking technology up into unproven heights. Tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – our own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies, we achieved just that. We constructed front-firing 4” and 6.5” PolyPlas drivers and a rear-firing Slipstream bass port that encompass your senses in tight, accurate bass. But we knew that wasn’t far enough.We went further, inspired by our work in building the world’s most legendary recording studios, giving our Studio 270 the kind of tech that makes for premium cinema-grade listening: a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver that ensures low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and firm natural balance. We braced its interior edge-to-edge to minimize any cabinet flexing, and eliminate bass distortion. Then we capped it with exclusive features like gloss black paneling, soft rounded edges, and your choice of either Black or Espresso woodgrain finish. For those able to see and hear the truth, we’re confident you’ll know it – full volume – at first look and first listen.
Floorstanding loudspeaker. Groundbreaking sound. As part of the groundbreaking 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 270 vaults you into a world where legacy sound-craft and visionary technology go hand-in-hand in shaping a listening experience like none before. The Studio 270’s 4” and 6.5” PolyPlas drivers are designed to bring you pitch-perfect vocal clarity and tight bass that’s as accurate as it is cinematic. Add to these a built-in High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver, and you’ve got a loudspeaker that takes its cues from JBL’s own legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor. Combine all this with the sleek, urbane design of the loudspeaker itself – both inside and out – and you’re dealing with a rare breed of sonic horsepower and brainpower ready to define its era.
At A Glance:
1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics
Internal edge-to-edge bracing greatly reduces cabinet wall flexing, thereby significantly improving bass response and lowering distortion
Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners
High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room
Rear-firing Slipstream bass port minimizes port turbulence and audibledistortion in the bass response
Soft-touch paint covers the horn and driver trim rings for a clean, timeless look that blends easily with any décor
4” and 6.5” PolyPlas drivers for enhanced vocal clarity and realism and tight, extended bass response
Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design
What's in the box:
Carpet Spikes x 4
JBL® Studio 270 3-way 6.5" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- 4” and 6.5” PolyPlas drivers deliver unrivaled purity, power, and realism
- Decades of JBL acoustic research and developmenthave made their imprint. With its 4” and 6.5” PolyPlas front-firing drivers delivering unrivaled midrange accuracy and power, we’ll let a masterpiece speak for itself.
- 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide bring cinema-grade imaging and natural balance to your listening experience
- The apex of 67 years of pioneering sound research at our JBL labs, the Studio 270 includes groundbreaking innovations like a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver in its framework. Together, these advances let you experience your sound purely and cinematically,with all its precision imaging, high-frequency detail, natural balance, and full spectrum mastery
- Visually striking 21st century design features that can’t fail to seduce
- The JBL way is to make it look as good as it sounds. And with the Studio 270, we’ve made no exception. With 21st century elegance that incorporates soft-rounded edges, black gloss paneling, and soft-touch paint, we’ve built something that seduces the eye as much as it commands the ear
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 3-way 6.5" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 20 – 200W
- Frequency Response
- 45 Hz – 22 kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- 88 dB
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 165mm (6.5") PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") CMMD® Lite high frequency dome
- Midrange Transducer
- Single 100mm (4") PolyPlas midrange transducer
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Dual gold-plated binding-post speaker terminals with bi-wire capability