Studio 280Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO280BK.html
Additional InformationOne legacy of relentless innovation – with dual 6.5” drivers We knew it was time again for us to redefine the future of sound. That’s why we designed a new floorstanding loudspeaker that reaches far and above what other companies can even fathom: our new JBL® Studio 280 dual 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker. As a signature part of the new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 280 was built to take legacy sound and forward-thinking technology up to unrivaled heights. Tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – our own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies, the Studio 280 does just that. Its dual 6.5” PolyPlas midrange drivers deliver twice the signature potency and polish of JBL legacy, and a rear-firing Slipstream bass port envelops your senses in tight, accurate bass. But going farther than anyone else isn’t far enough at JBL. Inspired by our own work in developing the world’s most legendary recording studios, we invested our Studio 280 with the kind of tech that makes for true cinema-grade listening. We made improvements like a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver that ensures low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and firm natural balance. We braced the loudspeaker’s interior from edge-to-edge in order to minimize cabinet flexing, and eliminate bass distortion. Then we capped it with seductive 21st century features like gloss black paneling, soft rounded edges, and your choice of either Black or Espresso woodgrain finish. For those able to see and hear the truth, we’re confident you’ll know it – full volume – at first look and first listen.
Dual PolyPlas speakers. Dual Perfection. One of the capstones of the groundbreaking 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 280 vaults you into a world where legacy sound-craft and visionary technology go hand-in-hand in shaping a listening experience like never before. The Studio 280 loudspeaker’s dual 6.5” PolyPlas midrange drivers are designed to bring you twice the pitch-perfect vocal clarity and tight, accurate bass that come with the Studio 2 Series loudspeakers. Add to these a built-in High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver, and you’ve got a loudspeaker that takes its performance cues from JBL’s own legendary M2 reference monitor. Combine all this with the sleek, urbane design of the loudspeaker itself – both inside and out – and you’re dealing with a rare breed of sonic horsepower and brainpower ready to define its era.
At A Glance:
1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics
Internal edge-to-edge bracing greatly reduces cabinet wall flexing, thereby significantly improving bass response and lowering distortion
Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners
High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room
Rear-firing Slipstream bass port minimizes port turbulence and audible distortion in the bass response
Soft-touch paint covers the horn and driver trim rings for a clean, timeless look that blends easily with any décor
Dual 6.5” PolyPlas drivers for enhanced vocal clarity and realism and tight, extended bass response
Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design
What's in the box:
Carpet Spikes x 4
JBL® Studio 280 3-way Dual 6.5" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Dual 6.5” PolyPlas drivers deliver unrivaled purity, power, and realism
- The results are in from lab and listeners alike: the Studio 280 is simply one of the finest, dynamically accurate floorstanding loudspeakers ever built in its class. Decades of JBL acoustic research and development have made their loud impact. With its twin 6.5” PolyPlas drivers delivering twice the unrivaled accuracy and realism of JBL sound, we’ll let a masterpiece speak for itself.
- 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide bring cinema-grade imaging and natural balance to your listening experience
- The apex of 67 years of pioneering sound research at our JBL labs, the Studio 280 incorporates groundbreaking innovations like a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver into its framework. Together, these advances let you experience your sound purely and cinematically, with all the precision imaging, high-frequency detail, natural balance, and full spectrum mastery of advanced home theater.
- Visually striking 21st century design features that can’t fail to seduce
- The JBL way is to make it look as good as it sounds. And with the Studio 280, we’ve made no exception. With 21st century elegance that incorporates soft-rounded edges, black gloss paneling, and soft-touch paint, we’ve built something that seduces the eye as much as it commands the ear.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 3-way Dual 6.5" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 20 – 200 W
- 89 dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response
- 40 Hz – 22 kHz
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 165mm (6.5") PolyPlas low-frequency transducers
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") CMMD® Lite high frequency dome
- Midrange Transducer
- Single 100mm (4") PolyPlas midrange transducer
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Dual gold-plated binding-post speaker terminals with bi-wire capability