Studio 290Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO290BK.html
Additional InformationClear the floor andlet the sound through You knew it was coming. You can’t expect JBL engineers to rest when it comes to redefining home theater sound. Introducing our new JBL® Studio 290 dual 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker – a towering piece of sound-craft that goes far and beyond what otherscould only imagine. A signature part of our new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 290 has been tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – our own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies. The results are in: the Studio 290 takes the crown for legacy and technology. Its dual 8” PolyPlas drivers deliver twice the potency and precision of signature JBL sound. A rear-firing Slipstream bass port envelops your senses in tight, accurate bass. But these are just for starters: we’re aiming for the record books. Taking cues from our own work in developing some of the world’s most legendary recording studios, we’ve given the Studio 290 the kind of home audio experience that’s normally reserved for premium movie theaters. We’ve added improvements like a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver to ensure low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and firm natural balance. We’ve shored up the Studio 290’s interior with edge-to-edge bracing so that there’s minimal cabinet flexing and bass distortion. Finally, we’ve introduced seductive 21st century features like gloss black paneling, soft rounded edges, and your choice of either Black or Espresso woodgrain finish. For those able to see and hear the truth, we’re confident you’ll know it – full volume – when you see and hear the Studio 290.
The speaker has now taken the floor There’s home theater… then there’s the full-on JBL home theater experience. As an impressive member of the 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 290 3-way dual 8” floorstanding speaker vaults you into a world where legacy sound-craft and leading technology shape a listening experience that carriesthe kind of power and precisionyou’ve only ever heard at movie theaters. The Studio 290 loudspeaker packs dual 8” PolyPlas drivers that bring you two times the show-stopping vocal clarity and tight, accurate bass thatare hallmarks of the Studio 2 Series. Not only that, a built-in High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and a 1” CMMD Lite high-frequency driver bring you a loudspeaker that takes its performance cues from JBL’s own legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor. Combine all this with the sleek, urbane design of the loudspeaker itself – both inside and out – and you’re dealing with a rare breed of sonic horsepower and brainpower ready to define its era.
At A Glance:
1” (25mm) CMMD®Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics
Internal edge-to-edge bracing greatly reduces cabinet wall flexing, thereby significantly improving bass response and lowering distortion
Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners
High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room
Rear-firing Slipstream bass port minimizes port turbulence and audible distortion in the bass response
Soft-touch paint covers the horn and driver trim rings for a clean, timeless look that blends easily with any décor
Dual 8” PolyPlas drivers enhance vocal clarity and realism and tight, extended bass response
Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design
What's in the box:
Carpet Spikes x 4
JBL® Studio 290 3-way Dual 8" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Dual 8” PolyPlas drivers deliver unrivaled purity, power, and realism
- The results are in from lab and listeners alike: decades of JBL acoustic research and development have made their pronounced impact. With its twin 8” PolyPlas drivers delivering twice the unrivaled accuracy and realism of JBL sound, we’ll let a masterpiece – and the truth – speak for themselves.
- 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver and High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide bring cinema-grade imaging and natural balance to your listening experience.
- The apex of 67 years of pioneering sound research at our JBL labs, the Studio 290 incorporates groundbreaking innovations like a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design and a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver into its framework. Together, these advances let you experience your sound purely and cinematically, with all the imaging, high-frequency detail, natural balance, and full spectrum sound of advanced home theater.
- Visually striking 21st century design features that can’t fail to seduce
- The JBL way is to make it look as good as it sounds. And with the Studio 290, we’ve made no exception. With 21st century elegance that incorporates soft-rounded edges, black gloss paneling, and soft-touch paint, we’ve built something that seduces the eye as much as it commands the ear.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 3-way Dual 8" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 38 Hz – 22 kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- 91 dB
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 20 - 225W
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 200mm (8") PolyPlas low-frequency transducers
- Midrange Transducer
- Single 100mm (4") PolyPlas midrange transducer
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") CMMD® Lite high frequency dome
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Dual gold-plated binding-post speaker terminals with bi-wire capability
What are the dimensions and can they be mounted to the wall
Here are the dimensions for the speaker (H x W x D):1197mm x 273mm x 330mm(47-1/8" x 10-3/4" x 13"). They can be mounted on the wall given that you have a heavy duty mount and a strong/sturdy wall. These speakers are designed as floor standing speakers, so if you intend to mount them you would need to poke/drill holes into the for the mounts.
Date published: 2016-05-23