Studio 520CDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO+520CBK.html
Item# STUDIO 520CBK
Additional InformationA truly enveloping theater-quality surround-sound experience begins with the center channel. The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker raises your home system to the next level with the kind of advanced technology that JBL® engineers developed for professional audio systems. The Studio 520C features a pair of 4-inch (100-millimeter) low-frequency woofers and a high-frequency compression driver surrounded by a glass-filled Bi-Radial® horn, a combination that delivers crisp, focused, dimensionally accurate sound. Using specially developed materials – including a ribbed PolyPlas™ cone and a Symmetrical Field Geometry™ (SFG) magnet assembly for the woofers – the Studio 520C delivers powerful and focused bass sound. A compression tweeter housed within the same type of Bi-Radial horn that JBL engineers developed for concert sound systems delivers high frequencies that are equally distinct and precisely aimed.
A truly enveloping theater-quality surround-sound experience begins with the center channel. The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker raises your home system to the next level with the advanced technology that JBL® engineers developed for professional audio systems. The Studio 520C features a pair of 4-inch (100-millimeter) low-frequency woofers and a high-frequency compression driver surrounded by a glass-filled Bi-Radial® horn, a combination that delivers crisp, focused, dimensionally accurate sound.
At a Glance:
25 – 150 watts suggested amplifier power range
Dual 4" (100mm) ribbed PolyPlas™ woofer cones
Symmetrical Field Geometry™ (SFG) magnet assembly
1" (25mm) high-frequency compression driver
Glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn
Low-loss, two-way crossover network
Sturdy 3/4" (19mm) MDF enclosure
What's in the box:
1 Studio 520C floorstanding loudspeaker
2 horn covers
1 grille-removal tool
1 card with adhesive rubber feet
- 25 – 150 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers have designed the Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker to deliver robust sound from a compatible AVR (audio/video receiver) or 25- to 150-watt power amplifier, whether you are using it as a stand-alone unit or as the centerpiece of a surround-sound system.
- Dual 4" (100mm) PolyPlas woofer cones
- Powerful bass affects more than just your ears. It resonates through your entire body, creating a soundscape that you can feel as well as hear. The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker delivers accurate low-frequency sounds from a pair of 4-inch (100-millimeter) ribbed PolyPlas woofers. The ribs improve strength while reducing distortion. The result is rich, articulate bass.
- Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) magnet assembly
- Thanks to a heavy-duty Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) magnet assembly, the Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker’s dual low-frequency woofers deliver highly focused bass. The result is pristine, articulate sound.
- 1" (25mm) high-frequency compression driver
- The JBL Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker’s high-frequency compression driver lowers distortion and provides a wider dynamic range than is possible from conventional high-frequency and midrange drivers. The tweeter includes a one-piece Teonex® diaphragm/surround assembly fitted with a 1-inch (25-millimeter) voice coil that can deliver enhanced vocal articulation.
- Glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn
- Horn-shaped loudspeaker designs optimize high-frequency output by directing the sound to the listener with pinpoint accuracy, thereby eliminating reverberations, reflections off walls, and other artifacts. The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker features a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn that delivers professional-level sound to your home.
- Low-loss, two-way crossover network
- The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker’s low-loss, two-way crossover network ensures a clean transition for sound coming from individual low-frequency and high-frequency drivers, thereby reducing distortion while improving clarity.
- Bi-wire capability
- The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker will work with multiple power amplifiers or connection setups – or both – for single-wire or bi-wire operation. The result is enhanced versatility in the ways you can use the Studio 520C speaker.
- Sturdy 3/4" (19mm) MDF enclosure
- The Studio 520C center-channel loudspeaker’s cabinet is built with the same attention to perfection as every other component. Rigid, heavily braced MDF (medium-density fiberboard) materials prevent unwanted resonances, while non-parallel surfaces eliminate sonic interference.
- Exclusive design
- The same attention to detail that went into the 520C center-channel loudspeaker’s technical design was paid to creating a powerful, sophisticated look that will fit within even the most discerning householder’s décor. The 520C is available in a black or cherry finish.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Two-way dual-woofer, center-channel
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Frequency Response
- Crossover Frequencies
- Nominal Impedance
- 6 ohms
- (2.83V/1m) 88dB
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 1" (25mm) compression driver with neodyminium magnet and one-piece Teonex diaphragm on a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial horn, magnetically shielded
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Two 4" (100mm) PolyPlas cones with Symmetrical Field Geometry magnet structures, cast frames and rubber surrounds, magnetically shielded
- Height (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Height (in)
- Weight (kg)
- Width ( in)
- Weight (lb)
- Depth (mm)
- Width (mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Dual gold-plated binding posts (bi-wire capable)
Studio 520C is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kev7mi from Exceptional Sound! You get mid & bass from that unit even though I have a dedicated sub-woofer. The sound quality is exceptional...A very crisp and clear sound!
Date published: 2016-09-12