Studio 580Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO+580BK.html
Item# STUDIO 580BK
Additional InformationThe JBL® Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker brings professional-quality sound to the home experience. The Studio 580 uses the technology developed for JBL pro-audio loudspeakers to deliver accurate and powerful sound to your living room. The Studio 580 speaker is a perfect complement to other members of the Studio 5 Series, including the Studio 530 bookshelf and the Studio 520C center-channel loudspeakers. The Studio 580 features a 1-inch (25-millimeter) tweeter mounted on a glass-filled Bi-Radial® horn – the technology used in JBL concert sound systems – to deliver concise, sustained high frequencies. A pair of 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) PolyPlas™ cones with Symmetrical Field Geometry™ (SFG) magnet assemblies handle low frequencies.
The JBL® Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker brings professional-quality sound to the home experience. The Studio 580 uses the technology that JBL engineers developed for pro-audio loudspeakers to deliver accurate and powerful sound to your living room. The Studio 580 floorstanding speaker is a perfect complement to other members of the Studio 5 Series, including the Studio 530 bookshelf and the Studio 520C center-channel loudspeakers.
At a Glance:
25 – 200 watts suggested amplifier power range
Dual 6-1/2" (165mm) ribbed PolyPlas™ woofer cones
Symmetrical Field Geometry™ (SFG) magnet assembly
1" (25mm) high-frequency compression driver
Glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial® high-frequency horn
Low-loss, two-way crossover network
Sturdy 3/4" (19mm) MDF enclosure
What's in the box:
1 Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker
1 horn cover
1 port tube insert
4 metal spikes
- 25 – 200 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers have designed the Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker to deliver robust, enveloping sound from a compatible AVR (audio/video receiver) or 25- to 200-watt power amplifier, whether you are using the Studio 580 as a stand-alone unit or as part of a surround-sound system.
- Dual 6-1/2" (165mm) ribbed PolyPlas woofer cones
- Powerful bass affects more than just your ears. It resonates through your entire body, creating a soundscape that you can feel as well as hear. The JBL Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker delivers accurate low-frequency sounds from a pair of 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) ribbed PolyPlas woofers. The ribs improve strength while reducing distortion. The result is rich, powerful, articulate bass.
- Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) magnet assembly
- Thanks to a heavy-duty magnet Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) assembly, the JBL Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s pair of low-frequency woofers delivers highly focused bass. The result is pristine, articulate sound that create an added sense of ambience.
- 1" (25mm) high-frequency compression driver
- The JBL Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s high-frequency compression driver lowers distortion and provides a wider dynamic range than is possible from conventional high-frequency and midrange drivers. The tweeter comprises a one-piece Teonex® diaphragm/surround assembly fitted with a 1-inch (25-millimeter) voice coil that can deliver enhanced vocal articulation.
- Glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn
- Horn-shaped loudspeaker designs optimize high-frequency output by directing the sound to the listener with pinpoint accuracy, thereby eliminating reverberation, reflections off walls, and other artifacts. The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker features a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn that delivers professional-level sound to your home.
- Low-loss, two-way crossover network
- The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s low-loss, two-way crossover network ensures a clean transition for sound coming from individual low-frequency and high-frequency drivers, thereby reducing distortion while improving clarity.
- Bi-wire capability
- The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker will work with multiple power amplifiers or connection setups – or both – for single-wire or bi-wire operation. The result is enhanced versatility in the ways you can use the Studio 580 speaker.
- Sturdy 3/4" (19mm) MDF enclosure
- The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s cabinet is built with the same attention to perfection as every other component. Rigid, heavily braced materials prevent unwanted resonances, while non-parallel surfaces eliminate sound interference.
- Exclusive design
- The same attention to detail that went into the Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s technical design was paid to creating a powerful, sophisticated look that will fit within even the most discerning householder’s décor. The Studio 580 is available in a black or cherry finish.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Two-way dual-woofer, floorstanding
- Nominal Impedance
- 6 ohms
- (2.83V@1m) 90dB
- Crossover Frequencies
- Frequency Response
- (-6dB) 40Hz-40kHz
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 1" (25mm) compression driver with neodymium magnet and one-piece Teonex diaphragm on a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial horn, magnetically shielded
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Two 6-1/2" (165mm) PolyPlas cones with Symmetrical Field Geometry magnet structures, cast frames and rubber surrounds, magnetically shielded
- Depth (mm)
- Weight (lb)
- Width ( in)
- Weight (kg)
- Height (mm)
- Height (in)
- Depth (in)
- Width (mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Dual gold-plated binding posts (bi-wire capable)
Studio 580 is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thesurf from Great Vocal After 30 years in the audio business, with a past history of the famed Altec 19 speakers, I can truthfully say that these are probably the most accurate sounding speakers I have ever owned.
Date published: 2014-05-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by ssdude from Great Floorstander These speakers need 40-60 hours of breakin.After that they sound absolutely superb.Amazing sonics and build quality.I mostly use for stereo 2.1 music and have it paired with the great 550P sub.Must break these in before reaching any conclusions.They are a great value and play above there cost.
Date published: 2013-12-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by losservatore from Impresive natural sound ,exellent vocal clarity If you think that this horn its going to sound like klipsch ....wrong!!! Not ear fatigue, I can spend hours and hours listening to this speakers ,The sound its pure pleasant, clean and detailed ,don't underestimate this speakers ..., just give then a try!!!!
Date published: 2013-12-20
I'm looking to set up a surround sound system. I know these 580's will pair nicely with the Studio 520c center channel, but what would you recommend for the surround speakers in the rear?
Yes, the STUDIO 580 will pair nicely with STUDIO 520C and both will work wonderfully as a surround speakers, but being they are no longer available. A great next option would be the STUDIO 210, for your rears or your surround speakers.
Date published: 2016-12-08
When will this be available again? I'm highly interested.
This is currently back ordered and the expected delivery date is January 16, 2016 once pre-ordered from our website.
Date published: 2016-08-31