Studio L830Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/L830-H.html
Additional InformationDesigned for genuine entertainment enthusiasts, the Studio L Series delivers accurate performance, tight response, crystal clear dialogue, and true sound that defines JBL®. The L830 has a proprietary Polyplas™ woofer cone and dual front-facing FreeFlow™ bass ports for extended, floor-rattling bass with little distortion. An oversized Kapton® voice coil and a HeatScape™ motor give you exceptional power handling. The pure-titanium dome tweeter mounted in a proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide disperses the sound and eliminates the “sweet spot” conundrum. Sit wherever you like, any seat is the best in the house. The enclosure is slim and looks great with flat panel televisions. (Yes, it’s video shielded.)
Built for genuine entertainment enthusiasts, the L830 has a Polyplas™ woofer and FreeFlow™ port technology for extended, floor-rattling bass with low distortion. A Kapton® voice coil and HeatScape™ motor give you dynamic power handling. The Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide disperses sound, so pick any seat. It’s the best in the house.
At A Glance:
6” PolyPlas™ woofer for big bass response
JBL® HeatScape™ delivers great power handling
Detailed high frequency sound reproduction
Sit-anywhere EOS™ Waveguide sound
Proprietary SSP™ reduces noise and signal loss
What's in the box:
(1) Studio L830 3-Way, 6" Bookshelf Loudspeaker
(1) Owner's Manual
- 6” PolyPlas™ woofer for big bass response
- Stiffer cones deliver more uniform pistonic motion for deeper, tighter bass and improved midranges. PolyPlas™ gives maximum impact JBL® audio. You’ll experience serious, feel-it-in-your-bones bass and true sound that does justice to the artist’s original performance.
- JBL® HeatScape™ delivers great power handling
- The HeatScape™ motor structure envelops the voice coil with a large ceramic magnet and steel frame that protects the voice coil by dissipating heat. This adds even more power handling and gives you extremely low levels of harmonic distortion.
- Detailed high frequency sound reproduction
- A thin, but rigid, 1” pure titanium-laminate dome tweeter delivers accurate high frequency response, even when the volume is cranked up. A Mylar® dome makes way for open, smooth spacious sound, and a seamless transition between the middle and high frequencies.
- Sit-anywhere EOS™ Waveguide sound
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguides, originally developed for JBL® Pro LSR studio monitors, disperse clean, high frequency sound more precisely across a wider listening area. There’s no “sweet spot.” Sit wherever you want.
- Proprietary SSP™ reduces noise and signal lose
- By taking the shortest possible route from the input terminals to the transducers – simplifying and shortening the path – this proprietary crossover design means you hear everything your TV and music source can dish out.
- FreeFlow™ port technology extends bass response
- Dual front-facing FreeFlow™ bass ports are acoustically matched to the woofer and move the air from the cabinet into the room. You get extended bass response with the lowest amount of distortion, adding power to your music and excitement to your movie soundtracks.
- Accurate frequency response
- From 48Hz to 40kHz, nothing is over- or underemphasized. You get a true, full sound range from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Excellent audio output
- With 75W of continuous power handling and 300W peak, the JBL® L830 has a robust, muscular delivery. It uses technology derived directly from JBL® Professional studio monitors and gives your home theater audio the unparalleled spaciousness and definition it demands.
- Magnetically shielded for video proximity
- Put the JBL® L830 anywhere that makes sense in your home theater set-up. It’s magnetically shielded for placement on the floor or wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Bookshelf SpeakerA smaller footprint allows you to conveniently place your speakers in more places.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Bookshelf Speakers
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Frequency Response
- Crossover Frequencies
- 2500Hz, 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- (2.83V@1m) 90dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 1" Pure-Titanium Dome with Cast-Aluminum Chassis in JBL EOS Waveguide
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 19mm (3/4") Mylar Dome with Cast-Aluminum Chassis
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 6" PolyPlas Cone with Rubber Surround and Cast-Aluminum Chassis; HeatScape Motor Structure; Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG); Oversized Kapton Voice Coil; Magnetic Shorting Ring
Studio L830 is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Detroit Tigers 84 from I've owned them about a year and the sound is just what I would expect from JBL speakers.I first heard Jbl speakers in a Lincoln Town Car and wanted my own set.I could not afford my set until I made a decision to let nothing get in my way this time around.I have had inexpensive sound systems and I got ok sound.Nothing as pleasing as these.L830 bi-amped, LC1-center, Es-20, 550p sub.Although not able to use sub to much cause I live in an apartment complex.Pioneer vsx1016-k.I cancled my cable tv saving that money for a year and started buying my stereo system I've always wanted to have.And now 2 1/2 years later I got myself 14 cd for myself for Christmas to enjoy, Fantastic Sound has me listening for hours.
Date published: 2016-01-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dave from Will bring a smile to your ears !!! Have owned the L830's since May 2010; as happy as when first purchased. A pleasure to listen to.The cherry finish really is stunning. Good clarity and definition throughout the full music spectrum. Rich,full sound.. Plenty of bass; don't need a sub. Rear ported; place 6 to 8 inches from backwall to make them sing.A solid, powerful little cube @ 22 lbs. each, they're heavier than most bookshelf speakers. Excellent binding posts. Made in Mexico. I'm using just for music,; would work great in a 5.1 surround system. JBL has been building speakers for over 60 years; these are the real deal. Some of the best $$$ I ever spent.Sound is so clear, you don't want to stop listening.. Close your eyes----you'd swear the band is in the same room as you are. Your music will be happier with these puppies !!!
Date published: 2012-04-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michael3819 from Top notch speakers! Very dynamic, powerful, amazing for bookshelf speakers. When combined with the LC-1 center channel plus another pair for rears with a high end surround receiver and a high class sub,, the results are amazing. Very realistic for music or movies. I've been listening to classical and jazz for years, so accuracy and dynamics are important to me. I heard the newer Studio 230 speakers, but these L830's are better, and can be bi-amped for even better results, which many better receivers offer.
Date published: 2016-03-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by jontg428 from Great speakers! Bought these speakers about 6 months ago and they continue to impress! Great build quality and smooth sound, highly recommend buying these!
Date published: 2014-10-08