At A Glance:
6” PolyPlas™ woofer for big bass response
JBL® HeatScape™ delivers great power handling
Detailed high frequency sound reproduction
Sit-anywhere EOS™ Waveguide sound
Proprietary SSP™ reduces noise and signal loss
What's in the box:
(1) Studio L830 3-Way, 6" Bookshelf Loudspeaker
(1) Owner's Manual
Built for genuine entertainment enthusiasts, the L830 has a Polyplas™ woofer and FreeFlow™ port technology for extended, floor-rattling bass with low distortion. A Kapton® voice coil and HeatScape™ motor give you dynamic power handling. The Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide disperses sound, so pick any seat. It’s the best in the house.
- 6” PolyPlas™ woofer for big bass response
- Stiffer cones deliver more uniform pistonic motion for deeper, tighter bass and improved midranges. PolyPlas™ gives maximum impact JBL® audio. You’ll experience serious, feel-it-in-your-bones bass and true sound that does justice to the artist’s original performance.
- JBL® HeatScape™ delivers great power handling
- The HeatScape™ motor structure envelops the voice coil with a large ceramic magnet and steel frame that protects the voice coil by dissipating heat. This adds even more power handling and gives you extremely low levels of harmonic distortion.
- Detailed high frequency sound reproduction
- A thin, but rigid, 1” pure titanium-laminate dome tweeter delivers accurate high frequency response, even when the volume is cranked up. A Mylar® dome makes way for open, smooth spacious sound, and a seamless transition between the middle and high frequencies.
- Sit-anywhere EOS™ Waveguide sound
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguides, originally developed for JBL® Pro LSR studio monitors, disperse clean, high frequency sound more precisely across a wider listening area. There’s no “sweet spot.” Sit wherever you want.
- Proprietary SSP™ reduces noise and signal lose
- By taking the shortest possible route from the input terminals to the transducers – simplifying and shortening the path – this proprietary crossover design means you hear everything your TV and music source can dish out.
- FreeFlow™ port technology extends bass response
- Dual front-facing FreeFlow™ bass ports are acoustically matched to the woofer and move the air from the cabinet into the room. You get extended bass response with the lowest amount of distortion, adding power to your music and excitement to your movie soundtracks.
- Accurate frequency response
- From 48Hz to 40kHz, nothing is over- or underemphasized. You get a true, full sound range from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Excellent audio output
- With 75W of continuous power handling and 300W peak, the JBL® L830 has a robust, muscular delivery. It uses technology derived directly from JBL® Professional studio monitors and gives your home theater audio the unparalleled spaciousness and definition it demands.
- Magnetically shielded for video proximity
- Put the JBL® L830 anywhere that makes sense in your home theater set-up. It’s magnetically shielded for placement on the floor or wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
A smaller footprint allows you to conveniently place your speakers in more places.
Legendary JBL Sound
You don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
Designed for genuine entertainment enthusiasts, the Studio L Series delivers accurate performance, tight response, crystal clear dialogue, and true sound that defines JBL®. The L830 has a proprietary Polyplas™ woofer cone and dual front-facing FreeFlow™ bass ports for extended, floor-rattling bass with little distortion. An oversized Kapton® voice coil and a HeatScape™ motor give you exceptional power handling. The pure-titanium dome tweeter mounted in a proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide disperses the sound and eliminates the “sweet spot” conundrum. Sit wherever you like, any seat is the best in the house. The enclosure is slim and looks great with flat panel televisions. (Yes, it’s video shielded.)
|Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
|Power Handling (Recommended)
|Power Handling (Peak)
||1" Pure-Titanium Dome with Cast-Aluminum Chassis in JBL EOS Waveguide||
|Ultra High Frequency Transducer
||19mm (3/4") Mylar Dome with Cast-Aluminum Chassis||
||6" PolyPlas Cone with Rubber Surround and Cast-Aluminum Chassis; HeatScape Motor Structure; Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG); Oversized Kapton Voice Coil; Magnetic Shorting Ring||