Studio L890Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/jbl/STUDIO+L890.html
Additional InformationDesigned for genuine entertainment enthusiasts, the Studio L Series delivers accurate performance, tight response, crystal clear dialogue, and true sound that defines JBL®. The L890 has a proprietary Polyplas™ woofer cone and dual front-facing FreeFlow™ bass ports for extended, floor-rattling bass with little distortion. Oversized Kapton® voice coils and a HeatScape™ motor give you exceptional power handling. The pure-titanium dome tweeter mounted in a proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide disperses the sound and eliminates the “sweet spot” conundrum. Sit wherever you like, any seat is the best in the house. The enclosure is slim and looks great with flat panel televisions. (Yes, it’s video shielded.)
Built for genuine entertainment enthusiasts, the L890 has a Polyplas™ woofer and FreeFlow™ port technology for extended, floor-rattling bass with low distortion. Kapton® voice coils and a HeatScape™ motor give you dynamic power handling. The Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide disperses sound, so pick any seat. It’s the best in the house.
At a Glance:
Dual 8” PolyPlas™ cones for big bass response
JBL® HeatScape™ delivers great power handling
Detailed high frequency sound reproduction
Sit-anywhere EOS™ Waveguide sound
Proprietary SSP™ reduces noise and signal loss
What's in the box:
(1) Studio L890 Four-Way Dual 8" (200mm) Floorstanding Speaker
(1) Owner's Manual
- Dual 8” PolyPlas™ cones for big bass response
- Stiffer cones deliver more uniform pistonic motion for deeper, tighter bass and improved midranges. PolyPlas™ gives maximum impact JBL® audio. You’ll experience serious, feel-it-in-your-bones bass and true sound that does justice to the artist’s original performance.
- JBL® HeatScape™ delivers great power handling
- The HeatScape™ motor structure envelops the voice coil with a large ceramic magnet and steel frame that protects the voice coil by dissipating heat. This increases power handling and gives you extremely low levels of harmonic distortion.
- Detailed high frequency sound reproduction
- A thin, but rigid, 1” pure titanium-laminate dome tweeter delivers accurate high frequency response, even when the volume is cranked up. A Mylar® dome makes way for open, smooth spacious sound, and a seamless transition between the middle and high frequencies.
- Sit-anywhere EOS™ Waveguide sound
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguides, originally developed for JBL® Pro LSR studio monitors, disperse clean, high frequency sound more precisely across a wider listening area. There’s no “sweet spot.” Sit wherever you want.
- Proprietary SSP™ reduces noise and signal lose
- By taking the shortest possible route from the input terminals to the transducers – simplifying and shortening the path – this proprietary crossover design means you hear everything your TV and music source can dish out.
- FreeFlow™ port technology extends bass response
- Dual front-facing FreeFlow™ bass ports are acoustically matched to the woofer and move the air from the cabinet into the room. You get extended bass response with the lowest amount of distortion, adding power to your music and excitement to your movie soundtracks.
- Accurate frequency response
- From 28Hz to 40kHz, nothing is over- or underemphasized. You get a true, full sound range from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Excellent audio output
- With 115W of continuous power handling and 500W peak, the JBL® L890 has robust, muscular delivery. It uses technology derived directly from JBL® Professional studio monitors and gives your home theater audio the unparalleled spaciousness and definition it demands.
- Magnetically shielded for video proximity
- Put the JBL® L890 anywhere that makes sense in your home theater set-up. It’s magnetically shielded for placement on the floor or wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Floor-Standing Speakers
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- (2.83V@1m) 91dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- Crossover Frequencies
- 700Hz, 5000Hz, 20kHz
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 8" PolyPlas Cones with Rubber Surrounds and Cast-Aluminum Chanssis; HeatScape Motor Structures; Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG); Oversized Kapton Voice Coils; Magnetic Shorting Rings
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 1" Pure-Titanium Dome with Cast Aluminum Chassis in JBL EOS Waveguide
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 19mm (3/4") Mylar Dome with Cast-Aluminum Chassis
- Midrange Transducer
- 4" PolyPlas Cone with Rubber Surround and Cast-Aluminum Chassis; HeatScape Motor Structure
- Height (in)
- Depth (mm)
- Weight (kg)
- Height (mm)
- Weight (lb)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Width (in)
Studio L890 is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CyFi from My favourites As an engineer/producer of the "WHO" and many others over the years, I was asked to write a general review of JBL products some years ago which was posted on the JBL site........As well as listing many past favourite JBL speakers that I had used over the years (different units in different situations) I "praised" these speakers as my most recent faves at the time.........WELL - I still have AND use them above ALL my others AND they are still the "Best I've Ever Had" :-) Who needs a Sub Woofer - they have an absolute wonderful sound and overall frequency response.......... WHO'S YOUR DADDY........The L890's - that's Who!!!
Date published: 2013-05-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Yaro from Best speackers ever So the sound is crisp clear, you cannot hear titanium twetter dome as only animals can(20-40K hz), but it add's to crispness of the sound. And its really does!!! Bass is amazing but i still added JBL sub... Just to pamper my sound obsession. Yamaha RXV675 able to put so much power in them that you want to leave the room but still no distortion. I mean these speakers great for large halls and can handle huge partys and discos, great big rooms, and sound amasing while you listen to them in quite mode! Jast bought yamaha 577 and same JBL monsters for my sisters wedding gift:) You will never regret!!!
Date published: 2014-08-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ranger976 from Exceptional Speakers I'm 60, I have had 6 major stereo systems in my time so far and I can tell you that JBL has been part of my last 3 systems. They consistent powerful and deliver a rich full sound. I would easily recommend these to a friend for home theater and or stereo listening. I couldn't be happier
Date published: 2016-05-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by wvtrumpet from Fantastic Speakers!!! I have a pair of the L890's in cherry that I have had for about three years. They are fantastic. I have them paired with a Yamaha amp and a belari tube amp for my vinyl. I love the sound. I primarily listen to small group straight ahead jazz. These speakers bring a vibrant beautiful sound in all registers. I love how the cymbals sparkle on the super tweeter!!! Glad that I got mine before they were discontinued!!!
Date published: 2016-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by fonchito1955 from Studio L series: Affordable great sound Thank you for selling these wonderful speakers in Perú. We purchased 7 Studio L series to match a Denon receiver, but unfortunedly the L8400P subwoofer is no longer available. Let's hope you decide to buid some more. However, the overall performance of our home theater is excellent, thanks both to the receiver and the JBL speakers.
Date published: 2012-03-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Two Son from Exceptional Proud owner of JBL 150A more than 25 Years. Had these 2 years
Date published: 2016-09-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by TF7959 from Great Speakers I have been using the speakers for about 3 weeks and have no complaints. Well balanced and clear. Paired with a Marantz PM7005 and they handle everything the amp can dish out. Definitely recommend.
Date published: 2016-01-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jens27 from The Studio L 890 are the soundmakers of my entire system They have it all, fine sound when it is needed, every instrument is there, power when needed, great deep bass! Bi-amping wired from the Onkyo TX-NR5008.... what a sound!!!!
Date published: 2012-08-12