SUB 560PDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SUB+560PBK.html
Item# SUB 560PBK
Additional InformationBass is the foundation of great sound. You don’t just hear it in your ears; you also feel it from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. JBL® subwoofers are built to maximize such a feeling as well as enhance your entire experience of sound. The same JBL sound engineers who designed the playback systems for many of the world’s top concert venues, recording studios and THX®-equipped movie theaters have optimized their technologies and materials in the Studio 560P subwoofer to play with just about any home system. This subwoofer incorporates your entire body into an enveloping bass experience. The 560P outputs astonishingly realistic and immersive low-frequency sound via a forward-facing, 12-inch transducer mounted inside a rigid yet light PolyPlas™ cast-aluminum cone frame. This is the kind of powerful, low-distortion bass that you can feel from skin to ear to chest cavity, and one that practically transports you to the very environment that you are hearing. The Studio 560P truly places you at the center of the experience, right in your living room.
What makes you feel the music in a professional venue is the same powerful force that will make you feel it at home: massive amounts of low-frequency bass. Through its light yet rigid PolyPlas™ cone frame, the Studio 560P subwoofer delivers powerful, nearly tangible deep notes and effects that practically lift you out of your seat and tingle your skin. JBL® engineers created the Studio 560P using the same technology that they developed for professional movie theater and concert systems, and optimized it to deliver an astonishingly immersive feeling right in your home.
At A Glance:
Built-in 400-watt RMS (500-watt peak) amplifier
12" PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
Adjustable crossover frequency and phase control
LFE and line-level inputs
Metal floor spikes included
What's in the box:
1 Studio 560P subwoofer
1 15-foot (4.6-meter) RCA cable
1 6-foot (2-meter) power cord
4 metal floor spikes
- Built-in 400-watt RMS (500-watt peak) amplifier
- A 400-watt RMS (500 watts peak power) amplifier lets you play your Studio 560P subwoofer at body-quaking levels without any room-vibrating reverb or excessive heat output. A built-in limiter extends this ability by preventing distortion that can arise out of sudden peaks, taking the audio from merely impressive to completely immersive.
- 12-inch PolyPlas low-frequency transducer
- The Studio 560P features a 12-inch cone made from lightweight yet rigid PolyPlas cone material. For the listener, this structure means powerful heart-thumping bass with such low distortion that individual sounds remain both accurate and articulate, even at sustained low frequencies. This is the kind of bass that takes surround sound from simply a listening experience to a seemingly tangible, robust environment.
- Sealed enclosure
- Power and accuracy normally do not go hand in hand. The Studio 560P, however, is by no means a mere normal subwoofer. It features a sealed enclosure that acts to control the woofer cone’s motion, thus providing consistent, reliable sound that remains smooth and rich even at the deepest of frequencies.
- Forward-firing transducer
- The Studio 560P places you in the center of the action by sending the action straight at you via a powerful, forward-firing cone. Sound travels directly to your ears without reverberating off the walls or bending around the furniture. This is bass in its most potent form, from a subwoofer versatile enough to be placed in the middle of the room or against a wall.
- Adjustable crossover frequency and phase control
- A phase switch ensures that the action of the Studio 560 subwoofer’s transducer moves in sync with your main speakers. As a result, the subwoofer’s low frequencies blend seamlessly with the sound coming from the main speakers, regardless of where you place the subwoofer in a room. Furthermore, an adjustable crossover-frequency control lets you optimize the subwoofer for a variety of main/satellite speaker choices.
- LFE and line-level inputs
- A choice of LFE and line-level inputs lets you either use or bypass the subwoofer’s internal crossover circuits for bass-boosting versatility. This option provides greater flexibility in how you use the Studio 560P while ensuring noise-free connections to virtually any type of audio/video amplifier.
- Metal floor spikes included
- Unwanted interaction between the subwoofer and the floor can cause distortion – but the Studio 560P includes an array of metal spikes to reduce distortion. The use of such spikes also creates clean sound by placing a cushion of air between the speaker and anything that could potentially disturb its pristine low-frequency waves.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Consumption (Full Power/Idle)
- 700W - 7.2A
- Amplifier Power (Peak)
- Power Requirement
- 120V, 60Hz (US); 220V – 230V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Amplifier Power (RMS)
- Power Consumption (Standby)
- less than .55W
- Enclosure Type
- Sealed (forward-firing)
- Frequency Response
- 22Hz – 150Hz
- 19-17/32" (496mm)
- 15-21/32" (398mm)
- 2-29/32" (74mm)
- 63 lb (29kg)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Audio Controls
- Volume level, crossover frequency, phase