Synchros S500Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/SYNAE500BLK.html
Additional InformationIntroducing a powered headphone like none other on the market today. Precision-made in a lightweight, durable design, the JBL S500 ushers your senses into uncharted terrain when it comes to listening. Modeled after the same JBL sound systems used in the world’s most prestigious clubs, the S500 delivers a balanced audio experience with resounding clarity and deep, powerful bass. Proprietary LiveStage™ signal processing technology enhances the acoustics to create a more lifelike listening experience, while a pair of AAA batteries empowers you to enjoy 20 hours of LiveStage technology straight without any skimping on sound quality. Available in Onyx and Glacier, these headphones are compatible with iOS and other smartphones. A powerful new design that’s built from real materials – and invested with revolutionary technology – the S500 has trendsetter written into its every last detail.
The JBL S500 will set you free, bringing you all the head-rush of a powerful sound experience while giving you stylish looks to match. Fitted with proprietary LiveStage™ technology and JBL PureBass performance, it's precision-made from real materials with a lightweight but durable steel headband appointed with plush leather ear cushions, you can count on feeling as good as your music sounds.
At A Glance:
Lightweight steel headband and soft leather ear cushions
Proprietary LiveStage™ DSP
Modeled after industry leading JBL professional audio speakers
Powered by 2 AAA batteries
Detachable cable design
What's in the box:
1 pair of JBL S500 over-ear stereo headphones
1 iOS 3 button remote/microphone cable or 1 universal 3-button remote/microphone cable
2 AAA batteries
- Lightweight steel headband and soft leather ear cushions
- In a world that yearns for something different – for an edgy, stylish headphone -- we went ahead and took a headlong plunge into authenticity. That’s where the style and daredevil spirit of our new JBL S500 headphones comes from: pure originality. Picture a soft-touch headphone fused with a steel headband that’s both lightweight and durable. Now, imagine your ears coming into contact with the premium leather ear cushions on either end. There you go. That’s the spirit. Introducing the new S500 Stereo Headphones from JBL.
- Proprietary LiveStage™ DSP gives listeners a more lifelike audio experience
- From the company that gave you some of the world’s finest concert and club sound systems comes a headphone that carries all the power and precision of a live concert event straight into your ear. That’s the concept behind JBL’s proprietary LiveStage™ digital signal processing technology – as easy to use as it’s impossible to imitate. Simply press the button on the side of your headphone and find yourself – front and center – engulfed in a music experience without precedent. How it Works; LiveStage represents a breakthrough in acoustic research. Using an advanced, binaural digital signal processing LiveStage recreates the sense of spatial presence that you feel when listening to loudspeakers in a room, overcoming in-the-head and somewhat “dead” feeling of typical headphone reproduction immense sound dispersion, unadulterated vocals, and stunning instrumentals. A true listening pleasure.
- JBL Professional Audio Sound with PureBass performance
- It’s no trade secret we’ve created the world’s most legendary loudspeakers. Artists from the Beatles to Maroon 5 have used JBL equipment to create some of their most historic recordings. So it should come as no surprise we’ve taken Pro-Audio sound to new highs – and depths – of power and portability in our Synchros Series. Introducing JBL Professional Audio Sound with PureBass performance. One listen to our S500 – and the phrase “clarity of sound” will never sound the same. To recreate the first ever Pro Audio experience in headphones, we first had to define it: enter JBL LSR 6332 loudspeakers. Harmonious, complex and truly lifelike, we sought to recreate the awe-inspiring listening experience within the Synchros series of headphones. JBL engineers painstakingly measured the LSR 6332 acoustic profile, and leveraging decades of audio engineering expertise, translated it to a unique headphone listening experience – ready for the most diverse and demanding of playlists. PureBass performance is much more than a tag-line, it’s a philosophy. Focusing on the full audio spectrum, not just the low end, the headphones deliver a balanced audio experience with amazing clarity, and deep powerful bass; producing clear separation of notes, avoiding the boominess and muddy sound found in other popular headphones.
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries
- One key thing almost every other powered headphone lacks is the power to sound good even when the battery power runs out. The S500 uses 2 ‘AAA’ batteries to deliver 20 hours of enhanced listening with LiveStage technology, but it also features a Passive playback mode to keep the music going even when the battery is dead. Unlike other powered headphones, the S500 is designed to sound great in passive mode, so even though the benefit of LiveStage technology is inactive without power, your music will still come through loud and clear.
- Compatible with your choice of either iOS or Android devices.
- Detachable cable design with either an iOS 3-button remote/microphone cable or a universal 3-button remote/microphone cable included, giving you the flexibility you need for on-the-go listening.
- Available in Onyx and Glacier
- The Synchros S500 comes in a two color schemes as dynamic and bold as your own taste in music.
JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included carry case keeps the device safe from bumps and bruises.
LiveStage DSPLiveStage recreates the sense of spatial presence that you feel when listening to loudspeakers in a room.
Android/iOS CompatibleCompatible with your choice of either iOS or Android devices giving you the flexibility you need for your listening pleasure.
Built-in Remote/MicrophoneThe built-in remote/microphone allows you to adjust the source volume and answer calls.
Stainless Steel HeadbandThese headphones feature stainless steel headband for increased durability and style.
Manuals & Downloads:
- On-Ear Headphones
- Rated Power Input
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz – 22kHz
- Maximum SPL
- 117dB @ 30mW
- Premium 50mm
- Height (mm)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- 3.5mm jack
Hi are these compatible on a Windows 10 pc. Or is the sound degraded or lowered when connected. Are they just for portable devices?
Because these headphones use an audio jack, they will be compatible with all devices that support a 3.5 mm headphone socket.
Date published: 2016-03-17