AVR 1510 RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/AVR+1510-Z.html
Item# AVR 1510-Z
Additional InformationWhether it’s your Blu-ray™ player, HD cable set-top box or game console, you want the best picture quality and sound. And you need one simple way to connect them all. The Harman Kardon® AVR 1510 is a 5.1-channel, networked audio/video receiver that provides you with four 3D-ready HDMI® inputs with 4K pass-through, which automatically upgrades your low-resolution media – plug them in once, and you’re all set. With DLNA® 1.5, you can stream audio from your networked devices, and built-in vTuner™ Internet radio connects you to a whole world of online audio entertainment. Versatile and muscular, the AVR 1510 can pump out up to 375 watts; with it, you’ll hear powerful audio with all the clarity you’ve come to love from Harman Kardon products. The receiver is lighter, too, thanks to HARMAN GreenEdge™ certification. You’ll experience serious power, only now in an environmentally friendly form factor. And if you’re one of those who enjoy even more control, the Harman Kardon Remote app is available for download – giving you the freedom to control your home theater experience from the comfort of your own device. Sleek, light and powerful, the Harman Kardon AVR 1510 is the perfect balance between versatility and beautiful sound.
No matter how you plan on connecting your HD cable set-top box, Blu-ray™ player or media consoles, you want the best picture quality and sound. And simple connections. The Harman Kardon® AVR 1510 is a 5.1-channel, 375-watt, networked audio/video receiver that gives you four 3D-ready HDMI® inputs – plug them in once to experience all your entertainment with precision and clarity. With DLNA® 1.5, you can stream audio from your networked devices, and built-in vTuner™ Internet radio connects you to a whole world of online audio entertainment. And thanks to HARMAN GreenEdge™ certification, it’s lightweight. You’ll experience true Harman Kardon power, only now in a more environmentally friendly form factor.
At A Glance:
Five 75-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-performance digital power supply
DLNA 1.5 network connectivity
Built-in vTuner Internet radio
Four 3D-ready HDMI inputs
Front-panel USB port for connection to Apple products or USB sticks
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
HARMAN GreenEdge certification
New, compact design
Color-coded connectors and speaker connections
Multidevice, programmable remote control
Harman Kardon Remote app for compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon AVR 1510 A/V receiver
1 programmable remote control
1 AM loop antenna with 2' (0.6m) cable
1 FM antenna with 6' (1.8m) cable
2 AAA batteries
- Five 75-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-performance digital power supply
- The AVR 1510 high-performance, audio/video receiver pumps out 75 watts per channel to power a full 5.1-channel surround sound system. It can also connect to powered subwoofers to provide enhanced low-frequency performance for your music, movies, HDTV shows, sports and video games. While the amplifier retains the time-tested Harman Kardon high-current-capacity (HCC), ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier design to ensure the most accurate, dynamic sound with enhanced clarity and realism, even at the highest listening levels, a digitally based power supply gives the amplifier all the muscle it needs without the weight of traditional power-supply designs and their heavy transformers. The net result is a great-sounding product in a smaller form factor that is friendly to the environment.
- DLNA 1.5 network connectivity
- The AVR 151 is DLNA 1.5 compliant, which gives you the option to deliver audio/video content over your home network via of compliant devices, such as smartphones, tablets and personal computers.
- Built-in vTuner Internet radio
- The AVR 1510 features vTuner Internet radio to connect you to a whole world of online audio entertainment. As soon as it’s out of the box, you can stream over-the-air radio stations from around the globe as well as stream from a wide range of Internet-only radio stations.
- Four 3D-ready HDMI inputs
- Four HDMI inputs with 3D and 30/36-bit Deep Color deliver high-definition digital video at resolutions up to 1080p with full-fidelity audio through a single cable. There is no loss of video or audio quality because of format conversion, just full-impact Hollywood excitement as its creators meant you to experience it. And because the AVR features 4K pass-through, your low-resolution videos will be upscaled to present you with the highest possible picture quality for your HDTV.
- Front-panel USB port for connection to Apple products or USB sticks
- The AVR 1510 gives you multiple options for audio playback with its front-panel USB port. Simply connect an iPhone, iPad or USB stick to play your stored tracks through your home entertainment system. The integrated USB port charges your iOS devices, too.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
- The AVR 1510 delivers high-resolution audio that matches the digital video quality of Blu-ray Disc™ formats, unlocking the full potential of movie soundtracks formatted with Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ coding. No matter what mode or mood you are in, you’ll always hear audio playback at its finest.
- HARMAN GreenEdge certification
- The HARMAN GreenEdge logo assures you that the AVR 1510’s design is environmentally friendly without compromising the premium performance for which HARMAN products are known. Thanks to an advanced power supply, the AVR 1510 can deliver high-quality audio in a small, light chassis that uses less metal and plastic. The small design means that less fuel is used in transportation, with the end result being a lower carbon footprint.
- New, compact design
- The AVR 1510 takes the award-winning Harman Kardon design look to a new level with a flush volume control and more compact design. Thanks to the light weight made possible by an advanced digital power supply, the unit weighs less without sacrificing performance so that it is the perfect match for the thin glass shelves of today’s open TV/entertainment furniture.
- Color-coded connectors and speaker terminals
- All connections on the AVR 1510 are color-coded to simplify hookup and reduce errors. What could be easier?
- Multidevice, programmable remote control
- The AVR 1510 simplifies your life with a programmable, infrared (IR) remote control. Its design works seamlessly with the receiver’s multilingual on-screen display, guiding you through system setup and operation with consummate ease. The multidevice remote can also control your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and other playback sources. For further installation flexibility, there is a 12-volt trigger output and a remote IR sensor input.
- Harman Kardon remote app for compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Taking control to the next level, the Harman Kardon Remote app is available from the iTunes App Store for iOS® devices and the Google Play™ service for compatible Android™ products. It will let you use your compatible smartphone or tablet to drive the AVR 1510 without picking up the remote.
AVR 1510 is rated out of 5 by 18.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LoriMuir from Holy Shhhhhhhh, when the bass drops! Best sound we've ever had...LOVE it...my neighbors, not so much...lol. This sub, blows wind...and a lot of it!! Nice quality...only issue, not fond of the small volume buttons on the remote, otherwise love it, and love I can dim or shut off the backlight on the unit at night!
Date published: 2016-03-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by Paolo Jose from Crystal Clear and Powerful Enough The sound of this AVR is crystal clear and powerful enough despite of the weight and wattage. It can really bring out the minor details in low and high frequencies especially when you use super high end optical cables like Transparent Audio or DH Labs. The only flaw that I identified is actually the power cable is built in and there's no option for me to buy an audiophile grade power cable from Audioquest or Transparent. The plastic build is also feels cheap that's why I placed it where guests can't touch it or see it with good lighting that will show the cheap plastic textures.
Date published: 2015-09-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by AudioMan from Excellent product I bought this item recently an simply love the features. The product was very easy to set up and has excellent sound quality and great features. I use Infinity floor standing speakers and they sound great. Both my iPhones (5 & 3GS) works. I am yet to explore other features, but am sure Harman Kardon will not disappoint me on those either. The only issue was I found it a little hard to push the speaker wires (10 AWG) into speaker connectors...., should have used a thinner speaker wire....
Date published: 2014-03-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by SailfishSplasher from Good 5.1 AVR So far everything is working as planned, including hooking up a turntable. On the con side, the DNLA is only good for audio. HK, this is an AV receiver, not only audio. A big improvement would be the capability of acting as a DLNA server. That way other products could connect to it such as wifi speakers. Since this receiver is capable of software updates, there is the possibility of improvement! Regarding the ability to stream from the app, I haven't been able to accomplish that yet.
Date published: 2014-05-24
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ghstephenson from Nice Aesthetic; Fundamentally Flawed The design is nice and attractive. However, there are some major (and unusual) shortcomings. First and foremost: there is no graphic equalizer! My 1984 - vintage receiver can at least adjust the base and treble. Second, the software is extremely buggy. For example: mine will recognize an iPhone but simply will not play it. At certain times, it will not change sources. You have to re-start often. Finally, it has the least user-friendly remote I've seen. Not acceptable for $300.
Date published: 2014-07-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ries84 from Great sound, old fashioned menu I bought the avr1510 a couple of months ago. I think it looks good and has a great sound. But there are some things I'm less happy about.. The menu is really old fashioned, like the VHS players back in the 80's. When using dlna streaming, scrolling in the menu is frustrating, it's slow and doesn't do what you want it to. So I was hoping for an update from Harman Kardon, but I'm not sure this will ever happen.
Date published: 2014-08-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Albert from I Love my Harman Kardon AVR 1510 I disagree...My AVR 1510 does everything I can wish for and more than accommodates my 200 inch, professional quality home theater. It works seamlessly with my xbmc based windows media center. I use one remote to access everything...my Android. This receiver is one of my best tech toys I own and it didn't cost too much either. Thank you Harman Kardon...You exceeded my expectations -Albert
Date published: 2013-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Norman from Impressive This was given to me in exchange for my broken receiver that was still under warranty. However, I was promised it would only take 6 weeks. I was told still waiting for parts to shipped from abroad. The store decided to give me this in exchange for my broken receiver. I must say, I'm totally solved with this.
Date published: 2015-07-16
Via the USB port can FLAC files be played?
As stated on page 5 in the owner's manual... USB port: The USB port can be used to play audio files from an Apple iOS® device connected to the port, and can also be used to play MP3 and WMA audio files from a USB device inserted into the port. Insert the connector or device into the USB port oriented so it fits all the way into the port. You may insert or remove the connector or device at any time – there is no installation or ejection procedure. It cannot support FLAC files.
Date published: 2016-03-28
Is the AVR 1510 4k ready?
Yes, the AVR1510 is 4K ready. It has four 3D ready HDMI inputs with 4K pass-through.
Date published: 2016-02-28