AVR 1650 RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/AVR+1650-Z.html
Item# AVR 1650-Z
Additional InformationWith an array of user features that appeal to sound-conscious film and music lovers, the AVR 1650 audio/video receiver will take your home entertainment system to the next level. Offering the latest Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ decoding, plus four HDMI® ports with 3D, Deep Color and Audio Return Channel technology, this full-function A/V receiver lets you experience the next dimension in TV viewing, while Logic 7® processing ensures an exhilarating, 5.1-channel, 360-degree soundstage for movies, TV shows, music and video games. A series of high-precision, 95-watt-per-channel amplifiers for left, right, center and surround speakers, plus a dedicated subwoofer output, ensure that the receiver dramatically improves the clarity and realism of directional sounds, even at elevated listening levels. Just add a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD player and a surround-sound speaker system to the mix. And with plug-and-play connectivity to the Harman Kardon® The Bridge IIIP dock, which is available separately to connect the receiver to iPod and iPhone devices, the AVR 1650 is a great starting-off point to a powerful home theater system.
Offering impressive features to enhance and extend your home theater entertainment, the Harman Kardon® AVR 1650 is a versatile audio/video receiver for true audiophiles. In addition to HDMI® inputs that offer 3D support and Deep Color technology, the receiver combines the latest Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ decoding with Logic 7® processing to deliver an exhilarating, fully immersive 5.1-channel soundscape for movies, TV shows and video games. With four HDMI input ports and extensive video and audio connectivity, the AVR 1650 is a perfect complement to your Blu-ray Disc™ player, iPod/iPhone and surround-sound speaker system.
At A Glance:
Five 95-watt-per-channel amplifiers
HDMI with 3D, Deep Color and Return Channel
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
Logic 7 processing
Compatibility with iPod and iPhone via The Bridge IIIP
EzSet/EQ auto calibration
Four HDMI inputs
Extensive audio/video connectivity
Color-coded binding-post speaker connectors
On-screen display (OSD)
Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
Headphone jack with HARMAN headphone surround mode
Upgradable firmware via USB port
Detachable IEC power cord
What's in the box:
1 EzSet/EQ microphone with 22' (6.7m) cable
1 AM loop antenna with 2' (0.6m) cable
1 FM antenna with 6' (1.8m) cable
3 AAA batteries
1 6' (1.8m) IEC AC power cord
- Five 95-watt-per-channel amplifiers
- The AVR 1650 high-performance receiver delivers 95 watts per channel with the ability to power a full 5.1-channel surround-sound system. A high-current capability (HCC), ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier design ensures accurate, dynamic sound with enhanced clarity and realism, even at the highest listening levels. You can also connect the AVR 1650 to a powered subwoofer to generate additional low-frequency excitement.
- HDMI with 3D, Deep Color and Audio Return Channel
- Four HDMI inputs with 3D and 30/36-bit Deep Color deliver high-definition digital video at resolutions up to 1080p with full-fidelity audio through a single cable. There is no loss of video or audio quality because of format conversion, just full-impact Hollywood excitement as its creators meant you to experience it.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
- The AVR 1650 delivers high-resolution audio to match the digital video of Blu-ray Disc formats, unlocking the full potential of movie soundtracks formatted with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio coding. No matter what mode or mood you are in, you’ll always hear playback at its finest.
- Logic 7 processing
- Harman Kardon Logic 7 technology transforms a stereo input into full 5.1-channel surround sound, courtesy of proprietary algorithms that make any audio source – HDMI, analog, component, composite or computer-based audio from a USB connection – truly spectacular. The result is optimal quality and a superior, enveloping experience that engulfs you in a 360-degree soundscape.
- Compatibility with iPod and iPhone via The Bridge IIIP
- The optional Harman Kardon The Bridge IIIP docking station (sold separately) works with an Apple iPod or iPhone to expand your entertainment options beyond DVD and Blu-ray Disc media. Once connected, The Bridge IIIP even charges your Apple device and works seamlessly with the AVR 1650’s system remote control to navigate and play your favorite music and video tracks.
- EzSet/EQ auto calibration
- The EzSet/EQ auto-calibration process tailors the AVR 1650’s loudspeaker outputs to match playback volume levels for your specific room conditions automatically. The system features an easy-to-follow menu display and a plug-in calibration microphone.
- Four HDMI inputs
- Four HDMI input ports let you digitally interconnect your entire system for maximum audio/video performance. HDMI-format ports dramatically reduce connection confusion while ensuring the greatest chance for compatibility with whatever audio/video equipment you are planning to connect.
- Extensive audio/video connectivity
- In addition to four HDMI digital ports, the AVR 1650 features one component and three composite video inputs that connect directly to legacy video sources. The receiver even transcodes component video to the HDMI interface with a single connection to your TV. In this way, it is easier than ever before to receive a high-definition signal from whatever video sources you select, including Blu-ray Disc, DVD and portable-music players.
- FM/AM tuner
- The AVR 1650’s FM section features an 87.5MHz – 108.0MHz frequency range, while the AM section handles frequencies from 520kHz to 1720kHz. Thirty station presets let you return to your favorite stations with a simple press of a button.
- Color-coded binding-post speaker connectors
- By accepting banana plugs, spade connectors, pin connectors or bare wire, the AVR 1650’s binding-post connectors provide secure links for your speaker cables. Color-coding of these connectors reduces errors while you’re hooking up your speakers to the appropriate channel amplifiers.
- Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
- The AVR 1650 simplifies your life with a programmable infrared (IR) remote control. Its ergonomic design works seamlessly with the AVR receiver’s multilingual on-screen display, guiding you through the system-setup process with consummate ease. The multidevice remote can also control your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and all other playback sources.
- Headphone jack with HARMAN headphone surround mode
- When you need an intimate, private listening experience, the AVR 1650’s headphone output with HARMAN headphone surround mode creates a realistic surround-sound experience from stereo headphones. Now you can benefit from one-on-one listening – yet not sacrifice one note of audio integrity – as you experience Hollywood thrills without disturbing others.
- Upgradable firmware via USB port
- To ensure that your AVR 1650 receiver is consistently running in line with its full potential, you can keep its firmware up to date by adding upgrades via its built-in USB port. This capability simplifies and improves the receiver’s operation and is the perfect way to protect your investment.
- Detachable IEC power cord
- To help simplify system installation, we’ve supplied the AVR 1650 with a detachable IEC power cord – a high-performance hookup for this high-powered A/V receiver. If you run the power cord to the location you have chosen for your AVR 1650, you will dramatically simplify subsequent system installation.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Multichannel Power
- 95W per channel, two channels driven @ 8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kH
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- less than 0.5W (standby); 280W maximum
- Frequency Range (MHz)
- 87.5 – 108.0MHz
- Frequency Range (kHz)
- 520 – 1720kHz
- Slew Rate
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo)
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz (dB)
- 40dB @ 1kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (Loop)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A) (dB)
- Input Level/Impedence (ohm)
- 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Input Sensitivity/Impedence
- 200mV/47k ohms
- Output Level/Impedence (ohm)
- 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Usable Sensitivity (IHF)
- High Instantaneous Current Capability
- ±25 amps
- Surround system adjacent-channel separation
- Dolby Pro Logic/PLII: 40dB Dolby Digital: 55dB DTS: 55dB
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Distortion (1kHz, 50% mod)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo dB)
- Selectivity (±400kHz)
- Selectivity (±10kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB)
- Television Format
- Image Rejection (dB)
- Video Frequency Response (Component Video)
- 10Hz – 8MHz (–3dB)
- IF Rejection (dB)