AVR 1710 RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/AVR+1710-Z.html
Item# AVR 1710-Z
Additional InformationPower, performance and more connectivity options than you’ll ever need: Introducing the Harman Kardon® networked AVR 1710, the answer to any entertainment enthusiast’s hunger for performance and versatility. It’s got muscle: up to 700 watts (100 watts per channel). Its 7.2-channel A/V receiver is equipped with HARMAN TrueStream Bluetooth® connectivity, Apple AirPlay, vTuner™ Internet radio and DLNA® 1.5 technology, giving you multiple options for streaming audio. And with six 3D-ready HDMI® inputs, including one equipped for MHL to connect mobile devices, and two HDMI outputs, you’ll have more than enough ways to connect to everything you love – movies, HDTV, sports, MHL-equipped devices and the Roku Streaming Stick™ dongle. While the AVR 1710’s connectivity alone makes it desirable, its sound really strikes a chord. It’s the first Harman Kardon AVR to feature our exclusive Natural Sound Processing (NSP), which creates a rich, enveloping surround-sound from any source – particularly with two-channel streaming content. And its EzSet/EQ™ III system automatically calibrates the AVR to your speakers and listening environment. The AVR 1710 is light, too, thanks to HARMAN GreenEdge™ certification – delivering all the power you need with low environmental impact. For those who want it all, the AVR 1710 can’t be matched.
There’s never been a Harman Kardon® AVR with this combination of power, performance and connectivity options. This 7.2-channel networked audio/video receiver offers up to 700 watts of muscle and six 3D-ready HDMI® inputs, including one that’s MHL compatible for mobile device connection. Its compatibility with Apple AirPlay software, Bluetooth connectivity, vTuner™ Internet radio, Roku Streaming Stick™ dongle and DLNA® 1.5 technology lets you stream high-fidelity audio. Its new EzSet/EQ™ III auto-calibration system gets the most from your speakers. The AVR 1710 is lightweight, and thanks to HARMAN GreenEdge™ certification, you’ll get all the power you love in an environmentally friendly form.
At A Glance:
Seven 100-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-performance digital power supply
Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth and DLNA 1.5 technology
HARMAN TrueStream technology
Six 3D-ready HDMI inputs, including one with MHL
Dual subwoofer outputs
Multiroom system with audio output and assignable amplifier
Front-panel USB port
New, compact design
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration
HARMAN GreenEdge technology
vTuner (Internet radio) streaming
Color-coded connectors and binding-post speaker terminals
Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
Harman Kardon Remote app for compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon AVR 1710 A/V receiver
1 programmable remote control
1 EzSet/EQ III microphone with 22' (6.7m) cable
1 AM loop antenna with 2' (0.6m) cable
1 FM antenna with 6' (1.8m) cable
2 AAA batteries
- Seven 100-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-performance digital power supply
- The AVR 1710 high-performance audio/video receiver pumps out 100 watts per channel to power a full seven-channel surround-sound system. It can also connect to two powered subwoofers to provide enhanced low-frequency performance for all your entertainment. While the amplifier retains the time-tested, high-current-capacity (HCC), ultrawide-bandwidth Harman Kardon design to ensure the most accurate, dynamic sound with enhanced clarity and realism – even at the highest listening levels – a digitally based power supply gives the amplifiers all the muscle they need without the weight of traditional power-supply designs and their heavy transformers. The net result is a great-sounding AVR in a small form factor that’s friendly to the environment.
- Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth and DLNA 1.5 technology
- The AVR 1710 can stream audio from virtually any portable device. For Apple devices, such as computers and the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, you can stream using the receiver’s built-in AirPlay technology. (AirPlay, vTuner and DLNA connections require a wired connection to a broadband network.) For other tablets, smartphones and laptops, you can take advantage of the AVR 1710’s integrated HARMAN TrueStream Bluetooth technology. A USB port is included on the front of the AVR so you can connect devices directly without an external adapter or a wireless connection. The AVR is also DLNA 1.5 compliant, which gives you multiple options for delivering content over your home network.
- HARMAN TrueStream technology
- The HARMAN TrueStream guarantee ensures the best possible listening experience when you stream audio wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. HARMAN TrueStream tech selects the most current, most advanced wireless option to ensure the highest-quality sound, no matter what application or source device you use.
- Six 3D-ready HDMI inputs, including one with MHL
- Six HDMI inputs with 3D and 30/36-bit Deep Color deliver high-definition digital video at resolutions up to 1080p with full-fidelity audio through a single cable. There is no loss of video or audio quality because of format conversion, just full-impact Hollywood excitement as its creators meant you to experience it. And with the AVR’s MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link), you can deliver high-definition audio/video content from your camera, phone, tablet or Roku Streaming Stick dongle directly to your HDTV via the AVR 1710’s MHL connection.
- Dual subwoofer outputs
- Is your listening room so large that you need two subwoofers to deliver the bass that you desire? That’s not a problem with the AVR 1710, thanks to dual subwoofer outputs that give your system a big-time boost in low-frequency clarity and realism when needed.
- Multiroom system with audio output and assignable amplifier
- Control the audio in separate rooms with a single receiver. Thanks to the AVR 1710’s assignable amplifiers, you can power the audio in a second room without adding additional components. That means you can watch sports in one room while you play the soothing sounds of classical music in another.
- Front-panel USB port
- The AVR 1710 gives you multiple options for audio playback with its front-panel USB port. Simply connect an iPhone, iPad, iPod or USB stick to play your stored tracks through your home entertainment system. The integrated USB port also charges your iOS devices.
- New, compact design
- The AVR 1710 takes the award-winning Harman Kardon look to a new level with a flush volume control and a more compact design aesthetic than earlier AVRs. Thanks to its light weight, made possible by an advanced digital power supply, the unit weighs less without sacrificing performance. It’s the perfect match for the thin glass shelves of today’s open TV/entertainment furniture.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding
- The AVR 1710 delivers high-resolution audio that matches the digital-video quality of Blu-ray Disc™ formats, unlocking the full potential of movie soundtracks formatted with Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ coding. No matter what mode or mood you are in, you’ll always hear audio playback at its finest.
- EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration
- The new HARMAN EzSet/EQ III auto-calibration process precisely adjusts the AVR 1710’s volume levels, speaker-distance/delay-time settings and equalization to optimize audio performance automatically for your specific speaker system and room conditions. The system features an easy-to-follow menu display and includes a plug-in calibration microphone.
- HARMAN GreenEdge technology
- The HARMAN GreenEdge logo assures you that the AVR 1710’s design is environmentally friendly but won’t compromise the premium performance for which HARMAN products are known. Thanks to an advanced power supply, the AVR 1710 can deliver high-quality audio in a small, light chassis that uses less metal and plastic. The smaller design means minimal environmental waste and a small carbon footprint.
- vTuner (Internet radio) streaming
- The AVR 1710 features vTuner connectivity to bring you a whole world of online audio entertainment. As soon as it’s out of the box, you can stream over-the-air radio stations from around the globe as well as a wide range of Internet-only radio stations.
- Color-coded connectors and binding-post speaker terminals
- All connections on the AVR 1710 are color-coded to simplify hookup and reduce errors. The color-coded binding-post speaker terminals on all output channels accept banana plugs, pin connectors or bare wire to provide secure links for your speaker cables.
- Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
- The AVR 1710 simplifies your life with a programmable infrared (IR) remote control. Its ergonomic design works seamlessly with the receiver’s multilingual on-screen display, guiding you through system setup and operation with consummate ease. The multidevice remote can also control your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and other playback sources. For further installation flexibility, there is a 12-volt trigger output and a remote IR sensor input.
- Harman Kardon Remote app for compatible iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Taking control to the next level, the Harman Kardon Remote app is available from the iTunes App Store for iOS® devices and the Google Play™ service for Android™ products. It will let you use your compatible smartphone or tablet to drive the AVR 1710 without picking up the remote.
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- less than 0.5W (standby); 510W maximum
- Stereo Power
- 100 watts per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.07% THD
- Multichannel Power (all channels driven)
- 100 watts per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, less than 0.07% THD
- Input Sensitivity/Impedence
- 250mV/27k ohms
- High Instantaneous Current Capability
- ±42 amps
- Slew Rate
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo)
- Selectivity (±400kHz)
- Usable Sensitivity (Loop)
- Distortion (1kHz, 50% mod)
- Selectivity (±10kHz)
- Input Level/Impedence (ohm)
- 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Output Level/Impedence (ohm)
- 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A) (dB)
- Surround system adjacent-channel separation
- Dolby Pro Logic®/DPLII: 40dB; Dolby Digital: 55dB; DTS®: 55dB
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo dB)
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz (dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB)
- IF Rejection (dB)
- Image Rejection (dB)
- Television Format
- Video Frequency Response (Composite/S-Video)
- 10Hz – 8MHz (–3dB)
AVR 1710 is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sir Cook from Positively splendid! I have had the 1710 for over a year and I finally got around to upgrading from 5.1 to 7.2. I was a little worried at first that it would fall short or something would go wrong but this AVR with the HKTS 16 and the matching 2.1, is 1,100 Watts of unstoppable power. Listening to Eminem's, 'Rap God' on iTunes or Bob Marley's, 'Exodus' on Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc this receiver seems to know how I want music to sound. I recommend the EzSet EQ then bump the bass up 2-3 clicks, my only gripe is that I do not have full control of surround modes, sometimes I can't select DTS sometimes I can't select Dolby, depends on the source, I know this is the receiver giving me the better sound, but I'm just used to having that option.
Date published: 2015-12-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by alirz from Key features crippled due to the AVR's software The AVR initially goes in sleep mode for 30 min when put in standby mode. During this time it can be remotely turned on via mobile apps, it is seen on the network for Airplay music streaming. After 30 min in sleep, it turns off (there is no setting to disable this). Once it has turned off, it cannot be used remotely for Airplay and cannot be seen by the mobile apps. At this point, if you want to use any of those features, you need to walk over to the AVR and manually turn it on. Which is plain dumb and complete oversight by the software designed at HK. I used to have the AVR1700 before, it used to function fine as i had expected until i made a stupid move of updating its firmware and it has the exact same behaviour as the 1710 now. i.e it switches from sleep to off mode after 30 min... Pretty much makes it useless for me.
Date published: 2015-05-07
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ruben from VERY disappointed. Out of the box, mine had problems. Video worked, but NO audio. The AirPlay function is poorly designed and lacking functionality. When you begin AirPlay, the video turns off and all you get is stereo sound. So much for watching my movies via Airplay. I can hear them, but I can't SEE them. I'm returning mine for a replacement. Hoping mine was just a lemon and that the replacement is all I hoped it would be when I ordered it.
Date published: 2014-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by RipleyXENO from Sounds fantastic! I bought my second reciever from Harmon/Kardon in Feb.2014 and absolutely enjoy the AVR1710 as much as my last. It was still user friendly but the On Screen Display is a bit bland and took a little getting used to be easy overall including the whole setup process. I was blown away by how light it is out of the box. It had me worried for a second but as soon as I turned it on that went straight out the window.
Date published: 2014-08-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by QuasiNerd from Great Performer I have had this for 11 months. It is driving five 6ohm British speakers flawlessly. The level of clarity is on par with, if not better than, the competitive Hi-fi receiver this replaced. I really enjoy the selection of free Internet radio stations. The only quibble I have is that so far I have been unable to update my unit via Ethernet. I have been very pleased with my purchase.
Date published: 2014-01-31
Rated 3 out of 5 by genepsych from Having many difficulties Bought one month ago and have struggled to understand many things. First, it would not connect ( using codes ) with the tv, cable box, or dvd. then just today tried to use the usb port, it said unplugged, and after inserting an iphone6, and an ipad 2 it still said unplugged. Trying right now to get some answers. Will review after I see what suuport there is.
Date published: 2014-11-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by laurent from Hi, Some bugs: - Bluetooth: impossible desactivation!! - in hdmi with PS3 or PopCornHour: in a random way black screen (cables hdmi OK). OK with another amplifier. - noisy ventilators. They are started when a helmet is connected. They stop when one disconnects the helmet!! - With when a corrective update? If not: very good sound quality (Class D very good)
Date published: 2014-02-21
Rated 2 out of 5 by Clavito from Worked for a week only ! Worked for a week then audio stopped working. New fast HDMI cables and tested also sound via optic cabe, nothing. Many similar issues on the internet, always bad tech support reviews. AirPlay only for audio (info does not tell it won't work for video too :-). Update via network does not work, harman ask to use USB instead.
Date published: 2014-01-14
Does this handle 4K or upgrade able to process 4K or upscaling.
Unfortunately the AVR1710 is only compatible with 4k bypass/passthrough and is not capable of 4k Upgrade/Upscale.
Date published: 2016-05-23