AVR 3600 RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/refurbished-speakers/AVR+3600+WARR-Z.html
Item# AVR 3600 REFURB
Additional InformationThe feature-laden AVR 3600 receiver is just what discerning surround-sound enthusiasts need. The feature list is long and impressive: Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ decoding for full compatibility with Blu-ray Disc™ media, DVDs and music CDs; Logic 7® processing to deliver an exhilarating, fully immersive 7.1-channel soundscape for movies, TV shows and video games; and Faroudja DCDi Cinema™ processing, which dramatically improves the quality of standard-definition video sources. Multiple HDMI® inputs handle 3D with Deep Color, while plug-and-play connectivity to the supplied Harman Kardon® The Bridge III accommodates a variety of music-file formats from iPod and iPhone devices. The AVR even includes multizone functionality so you can set up two different playback areas. Add in a high-definition on-screen interface system and a programmable/learning remote control, and it is easy to see – and hear – why the AVR 3600 represents a perfect next step in bringing the surround-sound experience to an entirely new level. It rewards the user with audio/video performance and ease of use that represent the ultimate in entertainment satisfaction.
The 7.1-channel AVR 3600 combines high-end audio/video performance with advanced features such as Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ decoding; Blu-ray Disc™ compatibility; Faroudja DCDi Cinema™ video processing; and HDMI® inputs for viewing 3D with Deep Color. Along with a multiroom audio capability that lets audiophiles play their favorite media in any room in the home, the receiver comes with a Harman Kardon® The Bridge III dock for iPod and iPhone, delivering pristine playback from mobile Apple devices. The AVR 3600 receiver clearly proves itself to be an audio and video system that you simply cannot do without.
At A Glance:
HDMI interface for 3D viewing
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio recording
Logic 7 processing
Four HDMI inputs
Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing
Compressed music tools
Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
Quadruple bass crossover manager
Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon AVR 3600 A/V receiver
1 programmable remote control
1 Zone 2 remote control
1 Harman Kardon The Bridge III docking station
1 EzSet/EQ microphone with 22' (6.7m) cable
2 covers for front-panel jacks
1 AM loop antenna with 2' (0.6m) cable
1 FM antenna with 6' (1.8m) cable
3 AAA batteries
1 6' (1.8m) AC power cord
- Seven 85-watt-per-channel amplifiers
- The AVR 3600 high-performance receiver delivers 85 watts per channel with the ability to power a full 7.1-channel surround-sound system. A high-current capability (HCC), ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier design ensures accurate, dynamic sound with enhanced clarity and realism, even at the highest listening levels. You can also connect the AVR 3600 to a powered subwoofer to generate additional low-frequency excitement.
- HDMI with 3D and Deep Color
- Four HDMI inputs with 3D and Deep Color deliver high-definition digital video at resolutions up to 1080p with full-fidelity audio through a single cable. There is no loss of video or audio quality because of format conversion, just full-impact Hollywood excitement as its creators meant you to experience it.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio recording
- The AVR 3600 delivers high-resolution audio to match the digital video of Blu-ray Disc formats, unlocking the full potential of movie soundtracks formatted with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio coding. No matter what mode or mood you are in, you’ll always hear playback at its finest.
- Dolby Volume
- Dolby Volume technology maintains the same volume level no matter what entertainment you’re viewing. You need to set the AVR 3600 volume level only once to eliminate unpredictable volume differences among TV shows, commercials and movies.
- Logic 7 processing
- HARMAN Logic 7 technology transforms a stereo input into full 7.1-channel surround sound, courtesy of proprietary algorithms that make any audio source – HDMI, analog, component, composite or computer-based audio from a USB connection – truly spectacular. The result is optimal quality and a superior, enveloping experience that engulfs you in a 360-degree soundscape.
- Four HDMI inputs
- Four HDMI input ports let you digitally interconnect your entire system for maximum audio/video performance. HDMI-format ports dramatically reduce connection confusion while ensuring the greatest chance for compatibility with whatever audio/video equipment you are planning to connect.
- EzSet/EQ auto calibration
- The HARMAN EzSet/EQ™ auto-calibration process tailors the AVR 3600’s loudspeaker outputs to match playback volume levels for your specific room conditions automatically. The system features an easy-to-follow menu display and a plug-in calibration microphone.
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema processing dramatically reduces video artifacts from digital or analog signals. The result is fewer lines and a smoother picture – especially when there is movement across your TV screen. Faroudja DCDi Cinema technology also upscales lower-resolution video to the 1080p high-definition standard, thereby extending the life of your movie library.
- Multizone functionality
- If you need only five playback channels for your surround-sound system instead of seven – or you elect not to use the extra rear-surround outputs – you can use the two additional amplifier channels to set up a second playback zone in the house. For added convenience, the AVR 3600 features a pair of I/O (input/output) connectors for a remote infrared (IR) receiver that can control volume and mute functions for playback within Zone 2, in addition to a separate A-BUS® IR output.
- Compressed music tools
- A built-in MP3 enhancer dramatically improves bass performance when replaying compressed-audio tracks, thereby elevating the sound quality of your favorite songs without the need for additional audio equipment.
- Multidevice, programmable/learning remote control
- The AVR 3600 simplifies your life with a programmable infrared (IR) remote control. With its impressive, ergonomic design, the remote works seamlessly with the AVR 3600’s multilingual on-screen display, guiding you through the system-setup process with consummate ease. The multidevice remote can also control your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and all other playback sources.
- Quadruple bass crossover manager
- The AVR 3600 offers an advanced and versatile bass manager, allowing audiophiles to set the crossover to one of six specific frequencies for each of four different speaker groups. In addition, the receiver automatically sets a compatible low-pass frequency point (to the LFE output) to ensure that none of the low-frequency information is lost.
- Multichannel Power (all channels driven)
- (Front L and R channels)- 85 Watts per channel @ less than 0.07% THD, 20Hz–20kHz into 8 ohms (Center channel) 85 Watts @ less than 0.07% THD, 20Hz–20kHz into 8 ohms (Surround (L and R Side, L and R Back) channels)- 85 Watts per channel @ less than 0.07% THD, 20Hz–20kHz into 8 ohms
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- 120W idle, 1405W maximum (7 channels driven)
- Slew Rate
- Output Level/Impedence (ohm)
- 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Input Sensitivity/Impedence
- 200mV/47k ohms
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo)
- Selectivity (±10kHz)
- Surround system adjacent-channel separation
- Pro Logic® I/II 40dB Dolby® Digital (AC-3) 55dB DTS® 55dB
- Usable Sensitivity (Loop)
- Frequency Range (MHz)
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz –130kHz
- Input Level/Impedence (ohm)
- 1Vp-p/75 ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB)
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz (dB)
- 40dB @ 1kHz
- High Instantaneous Current Capability
- ±60 Amps
- Usable Sensitivity (IHF)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A) (dB)
- Selectivity (±400kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo dB)
- Distortion (1kHz, 50% mod)
- 50% Mod 0.8%
- Frequency Range (kHz)
- Video Frequency Response (Component Video)
- 10Hz–100MHz (–3dB)
- Television Format
- Image Rejection (dB)
- IF Rejection (dB)
I purchased this receiver AVR 3600 in 2012 and also HKTS 30BQ 5.1 subwoofer system whilst living in the US. I have now moved to Australia which use a 230V electric supply. Will these appliances work on this voltage or will I need a step down transformer.
Both of these units are strictly 120 volt products. If you will be using them in a 230 volt environment, you will need to purchase step-down transformers, in order to convert the AC back down to 120 volt.
Date published: 2016-02-28