GTO-501EZ RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/GTO-501EZ-Z.html
Additional InformationFinally, high-performance amplifiers that are easy to install and calibrate. The JBL® GTO-501EZ subwoofer car audio amplifier provides unmatched ease of installation, configuration and calibration – processes that are necessary to produce clean, powerful sound. Whether you’re upgrading an OEM (original-equipment manufacturer) audio system or installing an aftermarket system, this amplifier offers virtually limitless applications with wired or auto-sensing turn-on – but without making you fuss with adding third-party adapters or converters. These amps drive up to 15 volts of audio signal right to the inputs with either line-level or speaker-level signals. And they come with RCA-to-bare-wire adapters and a setup CD. Experience the clean and powerful output of GTO Series amplifiers in a variety of channel configurations and power ratings, all of which are CEA®-2006A compliant and backed by the JBL reputation for top quality.
The JBL® GTO-501EZ subwoofer amplifier provides unmatched ease of installation, configuration and calibration for clean, powerful sound. It connects to OEM or aftermarket systems without complicated adapters or setup routines. Use line-level (RCA) signals or speaker-level signals with RCA-to-bare-wire adapters – everything you’ll need is included in the box. Experience the clean and powerful output of GTO Series amplifiers in a variety of channel configurations and power ratings, all of which are CEA®-2006A compliant and backed by the JBL reputation for top quality.
At A Glance:
770-watt (max) Class D mono subwoofer amplifier
Easy setup and adjustment of input gain
Wired or auto-sensing remote turn-on
Input signal up to 15 volts (line-level or speaker-level)
Built-in, variable low-pass active crossover
Built-in, variable bass boost
High-efficiency Class D operation
Automatic thermal and low-impedance protection
What's in the box:
1 GTO-501EZ amplifier
1 setup CD
1 bare-wire-to-RCA adapter
- 770-watt (max) Class D mono subwoofer amplifier
- The GTO-501EZ Class D mono subwoofer amplifier is rated to deliver 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms (770 watts max). High-efficiency Class D amplifier design ensures the most boom for the buck, all in a modestly sized chassis. It’s an impressive amount of power in an attractive, easily configured amplifier. The wide input range and low current draw make the amplifier ideal for adding a subwoofer to existing OEM or aftermarket systems.
- Easy setup and adjustment of input gain
- The GTO-501EZ subwoofer amplifier includes an input-level switch, a setup CD with test signals and LED indicators to tell you when the setting is correct. Simply set the switch, turn the input-level knob and watch for the green light that indicates that the setup is perfect. That’s all there is to it. There’s a reason why the amplifier’s model number contains EZ. This feature significantly reduces installation time and delivers excellent results.
- Wired or auto-sensing remote turn-on
- JBL engineers have configured the GTO-501EZ amplifier to turn on with a wired input (as in aftermarket systems) or with an auto-sensing circuit that activates whenever the amp detects an audio signal. The auto-sensing feature is helpful when you’re upgrading OEM audio systems that don’t include a remote trigger wire. It’s easily defeated by a switch when you’re using a wired remote turn-on input.
- Input signal up to 15 volts (line-level or speaker-level)
- The GTO-501EZ amplifier accepts a wide range of inputs up to 15 volts with line-level or speaker-level signals. Using RCA-to-bare-wire adapters included with the amplifier, you can connect to virtually any OEM or aftermarket audio system. The end result is an amplifier that works with the widest range of cars on the road.
- Built-in, variable low-pass active crossover
- An active 12-decibel/octave low-pass crossover offers variable filter points between 40Hz and 280Hz. Importantly, all filter points on the adjustment dial match the silkscreened frequency points on the amplifier chassis – a feature that not all amps provide.
- Built-in, variable bass boost
- The GTO-501EZ provides a range of bass boost from 0 decibels to +12 decibels, centered at 45Hz. This is a useful feature for restoring some bass that may be limited by the low-frequency response of certain speakers in the system – or to enhance a particular range of bass that the speakers already produce well.
- High-efficiency Class D operation
- The high-efficiency, low-current and low-heat performance of Class D amplification ensures high power output from the GTO-501EZ subwoofer amplifier. It also minimizes any need for upgrades to your vehicle’s electrical system.
- Automatic thermal and low-impedance protection
- Amplifier protection is just like insurance; you hope you’ll never need it, but it’s sure nice to have it when you do. Thermal protection keeps the GTO-501EZ amplifier from overworking itself to the point of premature failure. Low-impedance protection keeps the amplifier safe from any speaker or wiring failures that result in short circuits.
- 4-Ohm Power Output
- 350W RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms, 14.14V DC, less than 1.0% THD
- Peak Power
- Frequency Response
- Maximum Current Draw
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 2-Ohm Power Output
- 500W RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms, 14.4V DC, less than 1.0% THD
- Number of Channels/Type
- 1 Channel