Kappa Five RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/KAPPA+FIVE-Z.html
Item# KAPPA FIVE-Z
Additional InformationFive-Channel Class-D System Amplifier with on-board variable electronic crossovers, DBO (Dynamic Bass Optimization) and Input Configurator. Its compact footprint is only 14-3/16" x 7-1/16" x 1-3/4", making it idea for tight installations.
Five-Channel Class-D System Amplifier with on-board variable electronic crossovers, DBO (Dynamic Bass Optimization) and Input Configurator. Its compact footprint is only 14-3/16" x 7-1/16" x 1-3/4", making it idea for tight installations.
At A Glance:
12dB Per Octave Electronic Crossover
DBO Subsonic Filter
Unique Input Selection Switches
Smart Protection Circuitry
- Compact Design
- Infinity's new Kappa amplifiers have been engineered to deliver world-class reliable power delivery in an all new compact footprint. So, not only do Infinity's new Kappa amps sound great, but they take less space than any amplifier we have ever engineered and are smaller and easier to install than the amps available from the majority of our competitors. This has been accomplished using a high-power class-D amplifier circuit design which provides high output power, high overall efficiency and efficient transfer of heat from the transistors’ metal cases to the heat sink for the ultimate in space-saving amplifier design.
- 12dB Per Octave Electronic Crossover
- The Kappa Five features a 12dB per octave electronic crossover allowing you to optimize speaker performance based on type and location.
- DBO Subsonic Filter
- Instead of offering a conventional fixed-frequency subsonic filter, Kappa One and Kappa Five provide DBO™, a variable subsonic filter with variable boost. This unique circuit protects woofers in vented boxes, conserving power at the lowest frequencies that vented boxes can’t reproduce and making that power available for bass boost above the high-pass filter’s cutoff frequency. Used with woofers in sealed boxes or in infinite baffle configurations, DBO can provide flat response through even the lowest octave and protect your woofers from the mechanical dangers of over-excursion while providing tight, accurate bass.
- Unique Input Selection Switches
- The Kappa Five features a pair of unique input selection switches eliminating the need for Y-adapters and simplify signal connections.
- Smart Protection Circuitry
- Smart protection circuitry guards against short circuits in the speaker output leads, under- and over-voltage due to a weak car battery or alternator or a failed voltage regulator in the car’s charging system, and protects your speakers in the event of an amplifier failure. Additionally, Kappa amps include thermal protection that never leaves you without your music. Conventional thermal protection circuits shut the amp down completely if it gets too hot. The thermal protection circuit in Kappa amps reduces the output level slightly, reducing the amount of heat generated until the amplifier reaches an optimum temperature. The amp cools itself but the music never stops.
- Power Output
- 50 watts RMS x 4 channel at 4 ohms and 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Effective Damping Factor
- 6.3 at 4 ohms
- Maximum Input Signal
- Maximum Sensitivity
- Multichannel Power (all channels driven)
- 75W per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 1kSHz, less than 0.1% THD
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- less than 0.5W (standby); 410W maximum
- Stereo Power
- 75W per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 1kHz, less than 0.1% THD
- Input Sensitivity/Impedence
- 250mV/27k ohms
- High Instantaneous Current Capability
- ±25 amps
- Slew Rate
- Usable Sensitivity (IHF)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo dB)
- Selectivity (±400kHz)
- Usable Sensitivity (Loop)
- Distortion (1kHz, 50% mod)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 85dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)
- Frequency Response (-3dB)
- 10Hz to 75kHz (-3dB) Full-Range Channels 20Hz to 320Hz (-3dB) Subwoofer Channel
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A)
- Surround system adjacent-channel separation
- Dolby Pro Logic®/DPLII: 40dB; Dolby Digital: 55dB; DTS®: 55dB
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo)
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz (dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB)
- Image Rejection (dB)
- IF Rejection (dB)
- Television Format
- Video Frequency Response (Component Video)
- 10Hz – 8MHz (–3dB)