Item# MS-A1004 REFURB
Additional InformationThe JBL® MS-A1004 digital amplifier refines the pursuit of powerful sound in your car without compromising space or performance. Through leading-edge electronic and industrial design, JBL engineers have created an iconic-looking, small-footprint, full-range, Class D amplifier featuring a digital input mixer that provides precise audio-signal control by leveraging the power of an onboard digital signal processing (DSP) engine. The DSP controls all output levels and active crossover attributes (including relative channel levels, slope, filter point and bandwidth) to exacting tolerances. The unit’s CEA®-2006 rated power is delivered at 4 x 100 watts into 4 ohms (2 x 200 watts into 2 ohms) through easy-connect speaker-output terminals accepting up to 10AWG wire. There are pass-through RCA audio outputs to connect additional amplifiers such as the companion MS-A5001 mono block. Professional-quality amplifier configuration and setup is easily completed with the included CD, the intuitive user controls and the bright, easy-to-read display on the top of the amplifier.
The JBL® MS-A1004 is a flexible, four-channel digital car audio amplifier. Its DSP-based digital input mixer offers programmable active crossovers that include slope, bandwidth and precise filter points. The input mixer also controls accurate output levels. Channel pairs are bridgeable with fully configurable input-signal steering. Rated power output is 4 x 100 watts RMS into 4 or 2 ohms (2 x 200 watts RMS bridged). Onboard pass-through outputs allow easy connection to additional amplifiers. This amplifier easily connects to line-level inputs or (with included RCA-to-bare-wire adapters) to speaker-level inputs, making it an easy upgrade for a system amplifier in any car.
At A Glance:
Powerful, full-range Class D topology with 400W RMS total power
Bridgeable, assignable channels
Onboard DSP engine
Comprehensive control panel
Flexible active crossovers
Compatible with OEM audio systems
Visual input level setting
Pass-through audio outputs
Robust connection terminals
What's in the box:
1 MS-A1004 amplifier
1 setup CD
4 bare-wire-to-RCA adapters
- Powerful, full-range Class D topology with 400W RMS total power
- The MS-A1004 is an efficient, full-range, premium Class D car audio amplifier. Since the MS-A1004 offers a frequency response of 10Hz – 27kHz (–3 decibels), it doesn’t compromise on audio quality. Its Class D topology means lower current draw and operating temperatures, which translate into greater efficiency in delivering high-quality sound.
- Bridgeable, assignable channels
- The MS-A1004 is a four-channel amplifier that can easily bridge channel pairs to deliver 2 x 200 watts into 2 ohms, which allows flexible configuration of one or more subwoofers, including a dual voice-coil (DVC) subwoofer. You can configure this full-range amplifier as a more powerful two-channel amplifier for premium front-component speakers or those in dedicated bandwidths such as midbass, midrange or high frequencies.
- Onboard DSP engine
- The MS-A1004 leverages the power of digital signal processing (DSP) with its unique input mixer. All output-level settings, channel assignments and active crossover functions are handled through this powerful DSP engine to highly accurate tolerances. Should power be disconnected or lost, the unit will retain all of your settings in a non-volatile memory. And DSP technology, found in many high-end signal processors, is built right in.
- Comprehensive control panel
- The MS-A1004 provides top-panel control via a combination LED display and rotary-encoder control with just two navigation buttons. All necessary setup processes are aided with a menu-driven CD that’s included with the unit. Once you set up the unit, you need never worry about the controls being pushed or tweaked, since all settings remain in the unit’s memory even when the power is disconnected.
- Flexible active crossovers
- The MS-A1004’s digital input mixer features 97 individual crossover settings between 20Hz and 20kHz, for either low- or high-pass configuration, to match the needs of speakers and system configuration precisely. In addition, the unit lets you select three different orders of response (roll-off): 6, 12 or 24 decibels/octave.
- Compatible with OEM audio systems
- JBL engineers have built the MS-A1004 for complete compatibility with any OEM (original-equipment manufacturer) audio system. The unit accepts input-signal voltages of up to 20 volts. (Speaker-wire-to-RCA adapters are included.) It can turn on with a wired input ranging from +5 volts DC to the standard +12 volts DC, allowing more flexibility with low-voltage turn-on circuits. If there is no turn-on circuit, programmable signal sensing can turn the unit on whenever an audio signal is present.
- Visual input-level setting
- Setting and matching the input levels of the MS-A1004 is an easy and precise exercise with the help of the included setup CD. After you connect and configure the inputs, simply feed the amplifier an input signal and raise the signal source level to its maximum (undistorted) output volume. Then adjust the input controls until the checkmark icon is displayed to indicate that the unit has reached its optimum setting.
- Pass-through audio outputs
- The MS-A1004 includes a set of pass-through, pre-amp level RCA outputs that are unaffected by the input mixer so that you can add amplifiers without using splitters or Y-adapters. It’s an efficient way to provide system expansion flexibility without having to run additional cables or make any additional connections.
- Robust connection terminals
- The MS-A1004 amplifier features robust connection terminals for power, ground, remote turn-on and speakers. The power/ground terminals accept up to 4AWG wire. (We recommend a minimum of 8AWG.) Speaker terminals for each channel pair accept up to 10AWG wire, making it easy to connect to either factory-installed or aftermarket speaker wiring.
- Small-footprint chassis
- The MS-A1004 amplifier has a modest footprint that allows you to install the unit just about anywhere. At 7-3/16 x 8-1/4 inches (183 x 210 millimeters), the mounting area is small enough to work in any vehicle without compromising space. With a height of only 2-3/4 inches (70 millimeters), the amplifier has plenty of clearance to fit under seats, behind panels or in other locations.
- Power Output
- 100W RMS x 4 channels @ 4 ohms, 100 W RMS x 4 channels @ 2 ohms, 200 W RMS x 2 channels @ 2 ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 80dB referenced to 1 watt, 90dB referenced to rated power
- Frequency Response (-3dB)
- 10Hz – 27kHz (–3dB)
- Maximum Sensitivity
When will you update the refurbished list of available amps? I would like a refurbished msa1004
Thank you for your question, unfortunately we don't have any set dates for re-certified items to be added on the website you will just need to check time to time
Date published: 2016-02-18