SB 16 RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SB+16-Z.html
Item# SB 16-Z
Additional InformationNot everybody has space at home for the myriad loudspeakers that make up a typical home theater system – not to mention the wires needed to hook everything together. There is a far more elegant solution that dramatically reduces component clutter. The SB 16 soundbar speaker system includes a slim, cylindrical unit that sits below or beside your flat-panel screen and works with a wireless, 100-watt subwoofer that you can put anywhere in the room. Connected directly to your TV receiver, Blu-ray Disc™ player, DVD player or game console, the soundbar delivers both stereo and enveloping surround-sound playback. Not only does the SB 16 reduce the number of components you need to an absolute minimum, it also puts no wires in (or out of) sight. A range of optical, digital, coaxial and analog input connections ensure easy hookup to your TV, media players, satellite dish and cable tuner, without making you replug cables every time you change systems. The soundbar is video-shielded to prevent interference with your TV screen, so you can place it as close to the screen as you like. And the system’s handsome components can fit neatly into nearly any room décor.
A typical home theater system involves five loudspeakers, a subwoofer or two, and lots of speaker wire. But not every room can accommodate all that hardware, and not every homeowner wants to live with it. The SB 16 soundbar speaker offers an elegant and simple alternative: a single amplified loudspeaker unit connected directly to your TV receiver, Blu-ray Disc™ player, DVD player or game console, and a wireless subwoofer that you can place anywhere in a room. Offering both traditional stereo playback and realistic surround-sound processing, the soundbar delivers true HARMAN performance with the absolute minimum number of components.
At A Glance:
Two 25-watt-per-channel power amplifiers
Superb sonic performance
Powered 100-watt wireless subwoofer
Surround-sound experience from a single array
Two-way speakers with dual midrange drivers
What's in the box:
1 SB 16 CTR soundbar speaker
1 SB 16 SUB 100-watt wireless subwoofer
2 sets of wall-mount brackets
2 sets of rubber feet
1 24V DC power supply
1 AC power cord for SB 16 CTR speaker
1 5' (1.5m) optical digital audio cable
1 6' 7" (2m) stereo audio cable
- Two 25-watt-per-channel power amplifiers
- A two-channel amplifier rated at 25 watts per channel powers the SB 16’s pair of two-way drivers. The amplifier-speaker combination dramatically improves the clarity and realism of directional sounds.
- Superb sonic performance
- Whether it’s playing a sitcom or a blockbuster movie, the SB 16 delivers a virtual 3D surround-sound experience, filling your living room with full-bodied theatrical playback – all without the need for extra loudspeakers.
- Powered 100-watt wireless subwoofer
- The SB 16’s wireless subwoofer offers unprecedented placement flexibility. With a 10-inch (250-millimeter) magnetically shielded woofer and built-in 100-watt amplifier, the system delivers an impactful bass punch when paired with the soundbar speaker. Even better, its down-firing bass-reflex enclosure delivers high bass output, since the subwoofer loads against the floor instead of surrounding walls
- Surround-sound experience from a single array
- Built-in digital signal processing (DSP) with virtual 3D surround circuitry enables the SB 16 soundbar to work in harmony with the wireless subwoofer. The combination transforms the often-dull playback character of TV audio into a full surround-sound experience.
- Two-way speakers with dual midrange drivers
- The soundbar features a pair of 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange transducers – one per channel – together with a pair of 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) dome tweeters for the high frequencies. Consistent sound from speaker to speaker dramatically improves the clarity and realism of directional sounds.
- Video shielding
- The SB 16’s interference-blocking video shielding prevents interruptions to the magnetic fields of older TVs with cathode-ray tubes (CRTs). By eliminating such image distortion, the video shielding lets you place the soundbar speaker virtually anywhere.
- Wall brackets
- The SB 16 includes hardware that streamlines installation underneath a wall-mounted flat-panel TV monitor. After a few short steps, you’ll experience the accurate sound and high-definition dialogue that turns an ordinary sound system into an elite one.
- Elegant design
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the SB 16 fully embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon® innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have appreciated for almost 60 years.
Manuals & Downloads:
- High-Frequency Transducer
- One 1" (25mm) dome per channel
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- One 3-1/2" (89mm) cone per channel
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Depth (mm)
- Amplifier Power
- 60 watts peak per channel
- Power Consumption
- 0.5W (standby); 60W (maximum)
- Two-way, dual-driver left and right soundbar speaker modules, each with two 3" (75mm) midrange drivers and a 3/4" (19mm)-dome tweeter, video-shielded
- Amplifier Power Output
- 25W x 2 into 8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, at 0.07% THD, with both channels driven simultaneously
- Woofer Size
- 10" (250mm) driver in a ported enclosure
- Frequency Response
- 55Hz – 23kHz (-6dB)
- Frequency Range
- 50Hz - 20kHz
- Power Requirement
- 100V – 240V, 50Hz/60Hz, 60W