SB 30 Center RecertifiedDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SB+30CNTR-Z.html
Item# SB 30CNTR-Z
Additional InformationA typical home theater system involves five loudspeakers, one or two subwoofers and lots of speaker wire. But not every room can accommodate all of that hardware, and not every homeowner wants to live with it. The SB 30 soundbar speaker offers a simpler, more elegant alternative. This single amplified loudspeaker unit with multiple drivers connects easily to your TV receiver, Blu-ray Disc™ player, DVD player or game console, and works with a wireless subwoofer (not included) that you can place anywhere in the room. The system features exclusive HARMAN Wave technology that delivers a compelling surround-mode experience.
A typical home theater system involves five loudspeakers, one or two subwoofers and lots of speaker wire. But not every room can accommodate all of that hardware, and not every homeowner wants to live with it. The SB 30 soundbar speaker offers a simpler, more elegant alternative. This single amplified loudspeaker unit with multiple drivers connects easily to your TV receiver, Blu-ray Disc™ player, DVD player or game console, and works with a wireless subwoofer (not included) that you can place anywhere in the room. The system features exclusive HARMAN Wave technology that delivers a compelling surround-mode experience.
At A Glance:
11 amplifiers with 230 watts total power
Stylish, sleek soundbar speaker
HARMAN Wave surround mode – an exclusive feature
User-adjustable surround energy function
Optical/coaxial digital inputs and analog connections
IR remote control
Magnetically shielded speakers
Dual-position EQ switch
Wireless code switches
Wall-mounting hardware for soundbar
What's in the box:
1 SB 30 CTR soundbar speaker
2 sets of wall-mount brackets
2 sets of rubber feet
1 AC power cord for SB 30 CTR speaker
1 5' (1.5m) optical digital audio cable
1 6' 7" (2m) stereo audio cable
1 remote control
- 11 amplifiers with 230 watts total power
- A total of seven 10-watt and four 40-watt amplifier channels power the SB 30 soundbar’s array of HARMAN Warrior midrange transducers and CMMD® Lite tweeters to ensure a detailed surround-sound experience.
- Stylish, sleek soundbar speaker
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the SB 30 fully embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon® innovation, a legacy represented by discerning audio enthusiasts for almost 60 years.
- HARMAN Wave surround mode – an exclusive feature
- The HARMAN Wave mode uses all of the soundbar’s transducers to create both left and right surround-sound fields in addition to using the left and right transducer groups to reproduce the front left and front right stereo signals. Powerful digital signal processing (DSP) uses wave-field synthesis to control direct and indirect sound fields separately, creating an impressive sensation for many listeners seated over a wide listening area, even in large rooms.
- User-adjustable surround energy function
- The HARMAN Wave mode includes a “Room Size” adjustment that lets you tailor the soundbar’s energy field to match the dimensions of your listening room. Available settings are Small Room, Medium Room and Large Room.
- Dolby Volume
- Dolby® Volume processing can improve audio performance by revealing subtle details in the sound, even at moderate home-listening volumes. The Leveler setting maintains a consistent listening volume within a program source – maybe a TV show with commercials, or various tracks on a CD. The Modeler setting endeavors to re-create the reference presentation that people heard where the audio was recorded without losing portions at the typically lower volume levels used in the home. The SB 30’s remote can control each mode.
- Optical/coaxial digital inputs and analog connections
- To accommodate a variety of video and audio sources, the SB 30 features both optical and coaxial digital input ports in addition to conventional analog input connectors.
- IR remote control
- The SB 30 remote offers control of playback levels, plus various surround, Dolby Volume and HARMAN Wave modes, to match the size of your listening room.
- Magnetically shielded speakers
- The SB 30’s interference-blocking video shielding prevents interruptions to the magnetic fields of older TVs with cathode-ray tubes (CRTs). By eliminating such image distortion, the video shielding lets you place the soundbar speaker virtually anywhere.
- Dual-position EQ switch
- An EQ switch adjusts the soundbar’s bass performance for either wall mounting or table mounting. If you mount the soundbar on a wall with the included wall-mount brackets, the Wall position ensures the most natural-sounding bass performance.
- Automatic turn-on
- A special signal detector in the SB 30 automatically turns on the soundbar when it senses an audio signal at any of its inputs. To save power, the system also enters a standby mode if it doesn’t detect an audio signal at any of its inputs for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wireless code switches
- To help solve compatibility issues or conflicts with other wireless units in the home, you can use the SB 30 subwoofer’s four-position switch to change the channel over which sub’s wireless system operates.
- Wall-mounting hardware for soundbar
- Included brackets let you mount the soundbar on any wall directly below your flat-panel TV.
- Power Requirement
- 110V - 120V AC, 60Hz
- Amplifier Power
- 40 watts x 4; 10 watts x 7
- Power Consumption (Full Power/Idle)
- 230W max/ less than 0.5W idle
- Low Frequency Transducer
- Six x 2" (51mm) cones
- High Frequency Transducer
- Seven x 1" (25mm) domes
- 3-15/16" (100mm)
- 45-11/16" (1160mm)
- 3-1/8" (80mm)
SB 30 Center is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Sash from Refurbished means broken for Harmon Purchased the Refurb SB30 system including the Subwoofer from Harmon. Refurbished is usually described as restored to factory condition but in this case it seems the customer returned item was put in a card board box and sent to folks purchased from harmanaudio.com. Subwoofer Unit was scratched and badly dented (package was not damaged) and there were all sorts of accessories missing. Below are some of the issues that I had... 1. Sub-woofer was badly dented and was not restored to factory condition before being sent to me. It had continuous cackling sound being used... 2. Sound bar remote was missing from the package 3. Optical cable was missing 4. Power cable for the sound bar was missing 5. Mounting accessories were missing from the package 6. Standard audio input cable was missing Overall this was not refurbished as Harman claimed and basically I couldn't use the system even 25 days after I bought it... This is going back today... One good thing was their email customer service was prompt and that seems to be the only department that is working out for them... Defintiely not the audio design/manufacturing/quality control...
Date published: 2015-12-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by User from Recertified is repackaged returns. My brother bought this at the same time I did. His arrived dead on arrival. He had to pay return shipping which is not cheap for such a large speaker ($74). Mine only lasted 4 months before a constant speaker pop has ruined it. Not Happy...
Date published: 2016-04-22