SB16 CenterDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SB+16CNTR.html
Item# SB 16CNTR
Additional InformationA typical home theater system involves five loudspeakers, a subwoofer or two, and lots of speaker wire. But not every room can accommodate all that hardware, and not every homeowner wants to live with it. The SB 16 soundbar speaker offers an elegant and simple alternative: a single amplified loudspeaker unit connected directly to your TV receiver, Blu-ray Disc™ player, DVD player or game console.
A typical home theater system involves five loudspeakers, a subwoofer or two, and lots of speaker wire. But not every room can accommodate all that hardware, and not every homeowner wants to live with it. The SB 16 soundbar speaker offers an elegant and simple alternative: a single amplified loudspeaker unit connected directly to your TV receiver, Blu-ray Disc™ player, DVD player or game console.
At A Glance:
Two 25-watt-per-channel power amplifiers
Superb sonic performance
Surround-sound experience from a single array
Two-way speakers with dual midrange drivers
What's in the box:
1 SB 16 CTR soundbar speaker
1 SB 16 SUB 100-watt wireless subwoofer
2 sets of wall-mount brackets
2 sets of rubber feet
1 24V DC power supply
1 AC power cord for SB 16 CTR speaker
1 5' (1.5m) optical digital audio cable
1 6' 7" (2m) stereo audio cable
- Two 25-watt-per-channel power amplifiers
- A two-channel amplifier rated at 25 watts per channel powers the SB 16’s pair of two-way drivers. The amplifier-speaker combination dramatically improves the clarity and realism of directional sounds.
- Superb sonic performance
- Whether it’s playing a sitcom or a blockbuster movie, the SB 16 delivers a virtual 3D surround-sound experience, filling your living room with full-bodied theatrical playback – all without the need for extra loudspeakers.
- Surround-sound experience from a single array
- Built-in digital signal processing (DSP) with virtual 3D surround circuitry enables the SB 16 soundbar to work in harmony with the wireless subwoofer. The combination transforms the often-dull playback character of TV audio into a full surround-sound experience.
- Two-way speakers with dual midrange drivers
- The soundbar features a pair of 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange transducers – one per channel – together with a pair of 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) dome tweeters for the high frequencies. Consistent sound from speaker to speaker dramatically improves the clarity and realism of directional sounds.
- Video shielding
- The SB 16’s interference-blocking video shielding prevents interruptions to the magnetic fields of older TVs with cathode-ray tubes (CRTs). By eliminating such image distortion, the video shielding lets you place the soundbar speaker virtually anywhere.
- Wall brackets
- The SB 16 includes hardware that streamlines installation underneath a wall-mounted flat-panel TV monitor. After a few short steps, you’ll experience the accurate sound and high-definition dialogue that turns an ordinary sound system into an elite one.
- Elegant design
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the SB 16 fully embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon® innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have appreciated for almost 60 years.
- Amplifier Power
- 25 watts x 2
- Powe Requirement
- 24V DC; 2.5A - 2.7A
- Midrange Transducers
- Two x 3" cones per channel
- High Frequency Transducer
- One x 3/4" dome per channel
- 4-5/16" (110mm)
- 36-1/4" (920mm)
- 8 lb (3.6kg)
will it connect to your phone wirelessly
The SB 16 doesn’t have a Bluetooth connection available. This feature is available on the SABRE SB 35
Date published: 2016-09-12
Is this compatible with a Yamaha receiver?
The SB 16 and all of our soundbars, are stand-alone systems. You cannot have this connected to a receiver
Date published: 2016-09-12
What is the physical dimensions of the bar and sub?
Here’s the SB 16’s dimensions: Dimensions (H x W x D) and weight – centre: 4-5/16" x 36-1/4" x 3-1/2" (110mm x 920mm x 89mm) 8 lb (3.6kg) subwoofer: 18-7/8" x 13-3/8" x 13-3/8" (480mm x 380mm x 380mm) 33 lb (15.0kg)
Date published: 2016-09-09
Is the subwoofer wireless?
Yes, The subwoofer is wirelessly connected to the Soundbar but would still need to be plugged in to a power source.
Date published: 2016-09-07