Studio 580Details https://www.harmanaudio.com/STUDIO+580BK.html
At a Glance:
25 – 200 watts suggested amplifier power range
Dual 6-1/2" (165mm) ribbed PolyPlas™ woofer cones
Symmetrical Field Geometry™ (SFG) magnet assembly
1" (25mm) high-frequency compression driver
Glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial® high-frequency horn
Low-loss, two-way crossover network
Sturdy 3/4" (19mm) MDF enclosure
What's in the box:
1 Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker
1 horn cover
1 port tube insert
4 metal spikes
- 25 – 200 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers have designed the Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker to deliver robust, enveloping sound from a compatible AVR (audio/video receiver) or 25- to 200-watt power amplifier, whether you are using the Studio 580 as a stand-alone unit or as part of a surround-sound system.
- Dual 6-1/2" (165mm) ribbed PolyPlas woofer cones
- Powerful bass affects more than just your ears. It resonates through your entire body, creating a soundscape that you can feel as well as hear. The JBL Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker delivers accurate low-frequency sounds from a pair of 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) ribbed PolyPlas woofers. The ribs improve strength while reducing distortion. The result is rich, powerful, articulate bass.
- Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) magnet assembly
- Thanks to a heavy-duty magnet Symmetrical Field Geometry (SFG) assembly, the JBL Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s pair of low-frequency woofers delivers highly focused bass. The result is pristine, articulate sound that create an added sense of ambience.
- 1" (25mm) high-frequency compression driver
- The JBL Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s high-frequency compression driver lowers distortion and provides a wider dynamic range than is possible from conventional high-frequency and midrange drivers. The tweeter comprises a one-piece Teonex® diaphragm/surround assembly fitted with a 1-inch (25-millimeter) voice coil that can deliver enhanced vocal articulation.
- Glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn
- Horn-shaped loudspeaker designs optimize high-frequency output by directing the sound to the listener with pinpoint accuracy, thereby eliminating reverberation, reflections off walls, and other artifacts. The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker features a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial high-frequency horn that delivers professional-level sound to your home.
- Low-loss, two-way crossover network
- The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s low-loss, two-way crossover network ensures a clean transition for sound coming from individual low-frequency and high-frequency drivers, thereby reducing distortion while improving clarity.
- Bi-wire capability
- The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker will work with multiple power amplifiers or connection setups – or both – for single-wire or bi-wire operation. The result is enhanced versatility in the ways you can use the Studio 580 speaker.
- Sturdy 3/4" (19mm) MDF enclosure
- The Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s cabinet is built with the same attention to perfection as every other component. Rigid, heavily braced materials prevent unwanted resonances, while non-parallel surfaces eliminate sound interference.
- Exclusive design
- The same attention to detail that went into the Studio 580 floorstanding loudspeaker’s technical design was paid to creating a powerful, sophisticated look that will fit within even the most discerning householder’s décor. The Studio 580 is available in a black or cherry finish.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Two-way dual-woofer, floorstanding
- Nominal Impedance
- 6 ohms
- (2.83V@1m) 90dB
- Crossover Frequencies
- Frequency Response
- (-6dB) 40Hz-40kHz
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 1" (25mm) compression driver with neodymium magnet and one-piece Teonex diaphragm on a glass-filled ABS Bi-Radial horn, magnetically shielded
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Two 6-1/2" (165mm) PolyPlas cones with Symmetrical Field Geometry magnet structures, cast frames and rubber surrounds, magnetically shielded
- Depth (mm)
- Weight (lb)
- Width ( in)
- Weight (kg)
- Height (mm)
- Height (in)
- Depth (in)
- Width (mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Dual gold-plated binding posts (bi-wire capable)
I am considering these or the 590's, they will be set up beside my 70" Led TV, seating distance is about 8 feet. Goldilocks question ... too big? ... too small? ... or just right? I haven't bought a receiver yet, waiting to see what the speaker set up is.
What would be good matching Rear speakers for these being in front? Any suggestion for in well, in celling and bookshelf speakers? for this?
I ordered Studio 580 and the box says Li-Ion Battery inside. Could you tell me the spec for battery such as mAh and V, please?
Hello, Studio 580 and HK 3770 Receicer what wire gauge I should use? Banana Plugs on both ends? What brands do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Some JBL "pro" monitor speakers boasts smooth off-axis frequency response (e.g., M2, LSR305). Can I expect smooth off-axis response from Studio 580, too?
What is the difference in sound quality between JBL Studio 290 and JBL Studio 580? JBL Studio 580 are priced $200 more, does that mean they produce higher quality sound? Is one technically superior over another?
I'm looking to set up a surround sound system. I know these 580's will pair nicely with the Studio 520c center channel, but what would you recommend for the surround speakers in the rear?
Hello, can you please tell me: if i buy these speakers from the US; will they be compatible with the power source in Europe? also with an European amplifier? Do they require a converter? Can you tell me the weight of a pair? thanks!
Search Result For ""
5 Year Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.