Switchable input attenuation
A three-position input attenuator switch allows you to set the the AR133's Impedance (Pad setting) to 1MOhm (0dB), 47kOhm (20dB), 47kOhm (40dB)
Matches the level and impedance with unity gainwithout loading the source
Interfacing additional equipment such as DJ mixers with the house console and PA may cause level and connector difficulties. Connect the DJ mixer to either the jack or XLR input of the AR-133 (this will depend on the interface cables to hand which match the output of the DJ mixer) and then the AR-133's output XLR to the house console.
Can drive signals up long cable lengths
A DI box converts the high-impedance of an instrument to a balanced low impedance signal. This enables the instrument signal to travel distances of 100 meters (300 feet) without adding appreciable noise.
Powered from console phantom power or internal battery
The AR-133 can work reliably on a wide range of phantom power voltages, although of course the typical supply provided by modern consoles is +48 volts. The AR-133 accepts supply voltages of +48 volts down to +20 volts without loss in performance.
Automatic switchover to battery if phantom powerfails
While the AR-133 is receiving good phantom power, the power LED is lit continuously. Should the supply fail for any reason, the AR-133 will switch over automatically to run from the internal battery (as long as one is fitted!). Under these conditions, the power LED flashes approximately every 2 seconds.
Parallel Link Jack output to feed amplifiers directly
The AR-133 has a parallel feed from the input connector so that the instrument may be simultaneously connected to the AR-133 and the amplifier. This means that no special splitter cables are needed.
Parallel XLR input for converting unbalanced outputs to balanced lines
Converting unbalanced outputs to balanced lines by using the AR133's parallel XLR input
Active DI Box
The AR-133 is a single channel DI box with high input impedance, 1/4" jack input and parallel link outputs to feed backline amps. Though it’s a favorite among high profile touring professionals, the AR-133 is priced to be affordable for all musicians, studios and PA companies. The rugged aluminum extrusion case’s unique arch design lets you run cables back underneath the unit for neat cable management. The AR-133 uses an enhanced version of the same audio path as the AR-116, regarded by many as an industry standard. The sound quality is legendary, particularly on acoustic and bass guitars. The AR-133 includes phantom power and battery supplies. Should the phantom power from the console fail or accidentally switch off, the AR-133 automatically switches over to the internal 9V battery, providing uninterrupted use. Numerous applications can be satisfied by the AR-133. For example, as well as the traditional guitar use, the AR-133 can be used with keyboards, DJ mixers, link outputs, and other electronic sources. The AR-133 can also be used as an active balancing device.
- 1/4” mono jack connector (Tip hot, sleeve ground) or 3-pin XLR connector (pin 2 hot), unbalanced.Parallel link output 1/4" jack connector for feeding to other equipment, direct or via Buffer Amplifier.
- Impedance with attenuator @ 0dB
- 1 Mohm
- Impedance with attenuator @ 20dB
- 47 kOhm
- Impedance with attenuator @ 40dB
- 47 kOhm
- Max. input level before clip with attenuator @ 0dB
- Max. input level before clip with attenuator @ 20dB
- Max. input level before clip with attenuator @ 40dB
- 3-pin XLR connector, transformer balanced output. Will drive lines from 600 Ohm upwards. Maximum output level before clip greater than +9dBu with battery or phantom supply
- Phantom Power Requirements
- +20 Volts DC to +48Volts DC
- Current Drain
- Phantom Power, less than 8mA. Battery, less than 2mA
- Frequency Response
- 30Hz to 20kHz , +0/-1dB
- < -105dBu, unweighted, 22Hz to 22kHz, rms
- Harmonic Distortion
- Less than 0.005% at 1kHz, 0dBu output
What's in The Box?
- 1 x BSS Audio AR-133
- 1 x Owner's Manual
Documents & Downloads
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 113ms
- questions, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';