Order by 18 hrs 52 mins with 2 Day Shipping and receive by Fri, Oct 19
At a Glance:
Stereo or Dual Mono operation of gating, compression and peak limiting.
OverEasy® or hard knee compression with dbx's program dependent attack and release times
Expander/Gate Circuit - with variable release time and +15dBu maximum threshold.
What's in the Box:
1 x dbx 166xs dual compressor/limiter/gate
1 x AC power cord
1 x Operation manual
1 x Registration card
4 x Rack mount screws and washers
- Stereo or Dual Mono operation
- Operate the dbx166xs's gating, compression and peak limiting in either stereo or dual mono modes.
- OverEasy®/Hard Knee Selection
- Select between our famous OverEasy compression curve and the classic “Hard Knee” curve popularized by the original dbx 160, 161 and 162.
- Program-adaptive expander/gates
- Utilize the 166xs's Expander/Gate controls for numerous applications. Slow settings are useful for gating out noise present behind vocals and acoustic instruments. Fast settings are useful for tightening up the sound of percussion (e.g., kick or snare drum) and drying up leakage from other instruments into percussion tracks.)
- Selectable Low Frequency Shelf (via Contour button) in the Sidechain Path
- Recommended when compressing mixed program material to prevent low frequency energy from “punching holes” in the sound.
- PeakStop® Limiting
- Provides control of maximum peak levels at the output of the 166xs regardless of any other control. PeakStop comes after the compression, gating and other circuitry including the output gain, so it sets an absolute limit for peak excursions before they reach the output.
- True RMS Level Detection
- Senses the power in the program in a musical manner, much the same as human hearing does, giving results superior to peak or average detection.
- Hardwire System Bypass Buttons on both channels
- Allow the audio to pass even if the unit is unplugged, and are also useful for comparing the processed and unprocessed signals.
- Side Chain inserts
- The dbx166xs's side chain inserts enable use of an outboard processor or signal to control compression or gating.
- Classic dbx® "Auto" mode
- Override the dbx166xs's ATTACK and RELEASE controls and enable preset program-dependent attack and release times with Auto Mode. These times are derived from the input signal and continuously change to match its dynamics. When enabled, the Auto switch lights indicating the attack and release times are being automatically adjusted in a program-dependent fashion. Enabling this AUTO function duplicates the “classic dbx sound” of the 166A which is a standard in the industry.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.5dB, Typical 3dB points are 0.35Hz and 110kHz, unity gain
- System Performance Noise
- <-90dBu, 22Hz to 22kHz, no weighting, unity gain
- System Performance THD+N
- Typically <0.04%; Any Amount of Compression Up to 40dB@1kHz
- System Performance SMPTE IMD
- Typically <0.08% @ +10dBu (15dB Gain reduction)
- Compressor Threshold Range
- -40dBu to +20dBu
- Compressor Threshold Characteristic
- Selectable OverEasy® or Hard Knee
- Compression Ratio
- Variable; 1:1 to Infinity:1; 60dB Maximum Compression
- Compressor Attack Time
- Variable program-dependent; 3ms to 340ms for 15dB gain reduction
- Compressor Release Rate
- Variable program-dependent; 200dB/Sec to 3dB/Sec
- Expander Gate Threshold Range
- Off to +15dBu
- Expander Gate Expansion Ratio
- Expander Gate Maximum Depth
- Expander Gate Attack Time
- <500μs (from Maximum Depth)
- Expander Gate Release Rate
- Adjustable, 30ms to 3sec (to 30dB attenuation)
- Peakstop® Limiter Threshold Range
- 0dBu to +20dBu
- Peakstop® Limiter Gain Adjustment Range
- Variable; -20dB to +20dB
- Peakstop® Limiter Interchannel Crosstalk
- <-80dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Peakstop® Limiter Dynamic Range
- Stereo Coupling
- True RMS Power Summing™
- Operating Voltage
- 100 VAC 50/60Hz; 120VAC 60Hz; 230 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption
- 15 Watts Maximum
- Operating Temperature
- 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Inputs (1/4” TRS Phone XLR)
- Floating Balanced; XLR
- Input Impedance
- >50kΩ balanced, >25kΩ unbalanced
- Input Maximum Level
- +24dBu, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Input CMRR
- >40dB at 1kHz, typically >55dB
- Sidechain Insert (1/4” TRS Phone)
- Sidechain Insert Impedance
- Tip = >10kΩ (Input) Ring = 2kΩ (Output)
- Sidechain Insert Maximum Level
- Outputs (1/4” TRS Phone XLR)
- Floating Balanced; XLR
- Outputs Impedance
- 120kΩ balanced, >60Ω unbalanced
- Outputs Maximum Level
- +21dBu, > +20dBm (into 600Ω), balanced or unbalanced
- Output (XLR) Maximum Level (Unalanced)
- +20dBm; <0.3% THD
- Output (XLR) Noise
- <-90dBu, Unweighted (20Hz - 20kHz)
- 5.05 lb (2.29 kg)
- 1.75 in (4.5 cm)
- 6.75 in (17.15 cm)
- 19 in (48.26 cm)
Search Result For ""
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.